2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

coriordan

by coriordan

Big ride from Cambs to Brighton. Gloomy till London then clouds gave way to sun for leg 2.

Standard pier photo. Remainder are gluttonous selfies and some professional on Ditchling so won't put you through that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coriordan

by coriordan

Kingtom your photos are great!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes... @Kingtom... your daily commutes are like most people’s dream cycling vacation. How far is your daily commute by the way?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kingtom

by kingtom

Calnago wrote:Yes... @Kingtom... your daily commutes are like most people’s dream cycling vacation. How far is your daily commute by the way?
Yes. I know, but to be honest, it isn't easier when you have that paradise all day. So it is, you already like what you don't have Image

When i take a look of the pics here taken by the sea, i'm just jealous as well. But you're right, i know that I don't wanna live in another place Image

I have ro ride >50km in the morning and >58km in the evening. But i can't do it every day. I'm happy when it works ~ 3 times a week. This week i can do it 4 times and in the summertime i like to take some longer ways.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Leviathan

by Leviathan

coriordan wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 pm
Big ride from Cambs to Brighton. Gloomy till London then clouds gave way to sun for leg 2.

Standard pier photo. Remainder are gluttonous selfies and some professional on Ditchling so won't put you through that.

Great Photo. I keep wanting to get rid of my Boardman SLR second bike but then I ride it again and realise its great!

coriordan

by coriordan

Nice of you to say, but objectively, it's a terrible photo!
It was my best bike for years until my Colnago came along last year. While it's in for minor mechanical repairs I put the Zipps on this and it's awesome. Definitely not as stiff as the Colnago but super comfy to ride with a new carbon seatpost (Fizik R1 for 35 quid from CRC). It's lower at the front too, but still perfectly comfy. Was 120 miles today.

Zipps are creaky as hell. How do I tell what year hub I have and how easy to replace bearings (front is the issue)
Last edited by coriordan on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

If its got no thumb in it, its a great photo! Meant more that I liked the scene more than the composition of the photo...

MoPho

by MoPho

KCookie

by KCookie

coriordan wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 pm

My home town, nice waking up to seeing this, this morning. Makes me home sick, heading back there next year.
Great ride to 120 miles.

moonoi

by moonoi

Just over an hour south of Bangkok, you can find some hills and great roads for riding with low traffic volume, this is out towards Pong Krating Hot Springs in Rachaburi, humidity was a bit of a killer though

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Leviathan

by Leviathan

So going out at 3pm yesterday meant:
a) 38 Degrees temperature, even the snails were trying to escape it:
b) NO traffic due to Spain playing in the Copa Mundial; This is Petra town square which anyone whos cycled here knows is normally, erm, busy

coriordan

by coriordan

Man that Basso is lovely.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just an iPhone pic, and terrible time of day for a photo, but that’s Mount Rainier peaking out of the clouds in the distance. Highest mountain in the Cascade Mountain Range. Site of the annual RAMROD ride (enter by lottery). Ride Around Mt Rainier in One Day. About 150 miles and 10k’ of climbing. Gorgeous ride.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Been a while, but finaly got to ride....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

Calnago wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 am
Just an iPhone pic, and terrible time of day for a photo, but that’s Mount Rainier peaking out of the clouds in the distance. Highest mountain in the Cascade Mountain Range. Site of the annual RAMROD ride (enter by lottery). Ride Around Mt Rainier in One Day. About 150 miles and 10k’ of climbing. Gorgeous ride.
Did you do the ride today? I went with a buddy on Saturday and we did the route - felt very smashed at the end, I must say!
----
No longer in the industry