2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dmp

by dmp

Even if this entire website/ forum were to disappear with the exception of this thread I would still visit this site every day! The photographs are simply incredible, and this is always the first thread I look at. Thank you all for posting your artistry!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Thanks basilic. The albums work. Stunning pictures.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

kingtom

by kingtom

Powerful Pete wrote:Thanks basilic. The albums work. Stunning pictures.
So it looks always in our lovely Switzerland Image Image Image

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Look pro, go miserably slow... Best I can work out is that the wheel shifted not long after the start line and dragged a brake for 22km... 4.1w/kg for 37mins to average under 37km/h was super fun for the brain as I was passed 9min in wonderi ng why I was going backwards. Image
Using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

lacoon wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Beautiful scenery, but your saddle looks way to as given the lack of bend in your knee, there is no way you could rest your heal on pedal without shifting to the left side!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Vagabond

by Vagabond

ms6073 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:09 pm
lacoon wrote:
Beautiful scenery, but your saddle looks way to as given the lack of bend in your knee, there is no way you could rest your heal on pedal without shifting to the left side!
I agree. The saddle is probably at least a couple of centimeters too high. I’ve noticed it’s a trend here in the United States. People with rocking hips and bouncing in their saddles. You really should go get a proper fit. I think you’ll be astonished how much more comfortable you would be. Just a friendly suggestion.

I love all your pictures on this forum.
Colnago e Campagnolo

MoPho

by MoPho

Sony RX100

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Not of the standard of Lacoon, Mopho, Basilc, kingtom et al, and my budget temporary mobile camera really doesn't do it justice (in particular it really washed out the colour unfortunately), but here's a shot of Christchurch's famous nor' west arch (cloud formation caused by warm north west winds):

Imagehow do you upload a photo

ms6073

by ms6073

Gearjunkie wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 am
Awesome, can't tell you how jealous the wife and I are of you at the moment. We spent 2-weeks in NZ on on holiday back a week after Cyclone Gita and spent a few days in Christchurch during which time I believe we drove along that exact spot during our travels. Being a yank where we are used to riding on wide roads to accommodate the over-sized vehicles american's can't seem to live without, and wondered how cyclists managed as we were somewhat intimidated by the narrow roads, yet saw lots and lots of cyclists, especially further south.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Thanks for the kind words.

We certainly are lucky with what we have here in NZ. Sometimes I think we don't realise just how lucky.

If you're ever back in Christchurch send me a PM and we'll go for a ride. Can arrange a loan bike if you need.

Cheers :beerchug:
GJ

MoPho

by MoPho

Camp Tamarancho
Sony RX100

>

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

Vagabond wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:32 am
ms6073 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:09 pm
lacoon wrote:
I agree. The saddle is probably at least a couple of centimeters too high. I’ve noticed it’s a trend here in the United States. People with rocking hips and bouncing in their saddles. You really should go get a proper fit. I think you’ll be astonished how much more comfortable you would be. Just a friendly suggestion.

I love all your pictures on this forum.
Funny I thought the exact same thing as I looked at that photo above. In the bottom photo from his group of photos, you can see that the left hip is dropped relative to the right. Of course it may not have been in the middle of a dynamic pedal stroke yada yada... Sorry to derail the thread a bit further, but we want to keep you healthy and on the bike so that you can keep taking those great pics! :welcome: :D

FWIW, basilic I was able to see you're photos embedded in the posts on the last page. Hope that helps....
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill