2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tugboat

by Tugboat

lacoon - I've seen a million cycling photos over the years and that last one looking into the sun is right up there with the best I've seem!! :thumbup:
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

lacoon

by lacoon

Thanks thats one of my favorites too :-) It was an amazing view in reallity.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

kgt wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 pm
I may be wrong but it seems like some of you guys have a pro photographer following you all the time. Cool!
but seriously, I'm curious too... during rides on numerous occasions I thought "ok this road is sweet, I'll take some pics and share it with WW" but then it's like "I'd have to stop here, here, and there, take numerous pics, and if the perspective aint good enough I'd have to go few beters back or forth..." and I end up just riding by thinking "maybe next time" :oops:

I mean, do you do all that? stop every few kms, do your thing, get back on, stop again? or do you just, I dunno, take a phone out of a back pocket, shoot while riding, and apply some magic on your pc?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yeah that's a good question actually. I know once I start riding there ain't no stopping me, only for food.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lacoon

by lacoon

tymon_tm wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:10 am
kgt wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 pm
I may be wrong but it seems like some of you guys have a pro photographer following you all the time. Cool!
but seriously, I'm curious too... during rides on numerous occasions I thought "ok this road is sweet, I'll take some pics and share it with WW" but then it's like "I'd have to stop here, here, and there, take numerous pics, and if the perspective aint good enough I'd have to go few beters back or forth..." and I end up just riding by thinking "maybe next time" :oops:

I mean, do you do all that? stop every few kms, do your thing, get back on, stop again? or do you just, I dunno, take a phone out of a back pocket, shoot while riding, and apply some magic on your pc?
Sometimes I stop and do the selfietimer photos which take some time because of trial and error... often i shot with my point and shoot camera while cycling, or when riding with my girl i sprint to the front, wait for her to pass by and take the photo, but sometimes we do a little photo shooting too ;-)

kgt

by kgt

You cannot take such great photos without investing some (or lots of) time. These are not simple 'selfies'. That's for sure. Some of these are shot with good cameras with proper lenses on tripods and multiple trials as lacoon said. Image processing helps too.

lacoon

by lacoon

i only use a rx 100 a small point an shoot camera with out tripods or anything professional equipment

ms6073

by ms6073

lacoon wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 pm
often i shot with my point and shoot camera while cycling, or when riding with my girl i sprint to the front, wait for her to pass by and take the photo
When the wife and I are on vacation, I use a Sony Cybershot on a lanyard around my neck that way I can simply open the camera cover and snap the image, but when we want 'selfies' we take the time to set it up on a tripod and use the timer.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

lacoon wrote:i only use a rx 100 a small point an shoot camera with out tripods or anything professional equipment
That’s what I have as well, and it’s great. But even though it fits into my jersey pocket easily enough, I usually just use my iPhone. For any trips like you’re on, however, for sure I’d take the RX100, and I don’t mind stopping at all for a good shot. I’ve never taken the time to try a self timer shot as you’re moving across the frame however. One trip in France I was on I spent a lot of time riding with this one woman. She was very impatient with my picture taking while riding, so I sped ahead and out of sight, then hid under a bridge till she went by. Ha... peace at last. Could then take as many pics as I felt like for the rest of the day.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kbbpll

by kbbpll

lacoon - which one has the cobbles? I don't recall Grimsel having any, but that was 30+ years ago. And correct my memory if I'm wrong - the glacier in the 2nd to last photo is the Rhone, source of the Rhone River? Awesome photos.

MoPho

by MoPho

From todays ride

Sony RX100

Not on the road but hope you like them anyway. 8)

Nikone D810

lacoon

by lacoon

The one with the cobbles is the Gotthartpass, exactly the old pass / Tremola (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremola_San_Gottardo)
The Grimselpass has only a very very small part of cobbles in a tunnel bypass for cyclists (first picture)
Altough the 2nd last picture is on the Furkapass, the glacier you see there is not the Rhoneglacier. I dont know what glacier this is. The Rhoneglacier is on the otherside, next to the famous Belverde Hotel and waaaaaay bigger :-D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhonegletscher)

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Getting out of the office at lunchtime...

Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com