2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Gearjunkie wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 am
Not exactly kingtom's commute, just a weekday lunch ride for me (but started and finished at work):
Those roads look sweet, I need to get down to chch for some riding.

kingtom

by kingtom

Fantastic day we had. The Klausenpass is still closed due of snow/winter-closing. It will open next friday. Means that isn't snow on the road but closed for the traffic. Best time in year to ride over the pass... ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

kingtom wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:59 pm
That is Crazy Ass. :beerchug:

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Ok, you win KT (there was never any doubt), no snow here ..... yet. :thumbup:

Glam, come on down and Squashed and I can show you around.

Cheers
GJ

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

@glam2deaf & @gearjunkie
Sounds like a plan :beerchug:
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

So nice out... finally!

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Squashednuts wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:36 pm
@glam2deaf & @gearjunkie
Sounds like a plan :beerchug:
I'll sweet talk work in to letting me see our chch store. :lol:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I really want to find a pair of the specialized traditional drop bars the more I see bikes like Cal's for my next build. Does anyone make a traditional bend with a bit of a flare at the drops?

40km/h winds and HC races where most riders have no interest in holding off A can eat a .... Kept heading off the front to push the tempo up but wound up popping not long after A came through and I was caught on the wrong side of the bunch to catch a lift and decided to wind it up again into the wind.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

kingtom

by kingtom

Another pass which is still closed... But that doesn't matter ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Delorre

by Delorre

Highest point of my route yesterday 8) Somewhere around Profondeville

Delorre

by Delorre

Some great pics of the previous weekend sportive : 'Tour de Namur cyclo'. The cobble road is the climb up to the 'Citadelle de Namur', final climb of some pro races here in the Belgian Ardennes, and final climb of the day also (after 140km and >2000 hm)

Fiery

by Fiery

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm
Does anyone make a traditional bend with a bit of a flare at the drops?
How traditional are we talking? Fizik Cyrano Snake and 3T Tornova both have some flare, but they are the modernised round drop shape with shortish reach and flatish transition to hoods.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Fiery wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm
Does anyone make a traditional bend with a bit of a flare at the drops?
How traditional are we talking? Fizik Cyrano Snake and 3T Tornova both have some flare, but they are the modernised round drop shape with shortish reach and flatish transition to hoods.
Happy to forego flare if I can find a 40cm 80ish mm reach traditional drop bar. Rotundo looks like the winner.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Nefarious: why don’t you just go with the exact same bars I have (Deda Zero 100 SHALLOW). In a 42, as Deda measures outside to outside a 42 ends up being 40 c-c.
Also, I initially went with 3t Rotundo, but really do prefer the Dedas. Here’s why... it has to do with the profile of the curve from the bars where the transition from the perpendicular (to the bike) direction to the parallel (to the bike) direction takes place. That curve starts sooner on the Deda than the Rotundo and if you’re sprinting at all, that means there’s just that little more clearance to keep your wrists from jamming into the bar when you’re in the drops. It’s noticeably a better curve imo. It effectively accomplishes same thing as a bit of flare at the drops would do. And you seem to like the look of the bar... and I get it. There’s a nice “ramp” down to the hoods. Where you place your hands on the hoods will sit about 1.5-1.8cm lower than where your hands are if they are on tops of the bars next to the stem for example. The Rotundos have a ramp as well, but your levers would sit a bit higher. Personal choice here.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

The bend of traditional bars between the vertical bit and the horizontal bit can often (always IME) leave you with a gap underneath your palm that isn't being gripped because of the tightness of the bend. Generally, the deeper the drop, the less gap you have (larger radius) so if you want traditional bars that also have a good sprinting position, then deeper is usually better.