2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

dmp wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 am
Calnago, the chocolate ice cream at that place is fantastic- we were there last month!
Damn... well next time I'll be sure to partake. As it was, I just parked there for a few minutes in wait for the ferry.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MoPho

by MoPho

iPhone

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Love that shot mopho.
Really nice comp.. The yellow road lines fit perfect with the yellow grass/bush. Twist of the road speaks to our love so well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

seaneT1

by seaneT1

On holidays for a few days in Evia, Greece. Perfect place for riding, especially if you love climbing! :D

MoPho

by MoPho

sychen wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am
Love that shot mopho.
Really nice comp.. The yellow road lines fit perfect with the yellow grass/bush. Twist of the road speaks to our love so well.

Thanks! :thumbup: Really fun to ride that descent, lucky to have it in my backyard

kingtom

by kingtom

mrfish wrote:Image
A random one from a recent trip to Bayern

Sihlsee looking SW (a few months back)

View from the commute. Makes me feel very lucky not to be commuting by bike in London any longer.
Hey you have to commute over the Seedamm?? Image

Welcome to my backyard. Image

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

kingtom wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:39 pm
Today Pragelpass again.
Haha the Pragelpass. An easy climb from Schwyz. 26 km that averages 4%. A nice spin. :wink: :P
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TonyM

by TonyM

Mr.Gib wrote:
kingtom wrote:
Today Pragelpass again.
Haha the Pragelpass. An easy climb from Schwyz. 26 km that averages 4%. A nice spin. :wink: :P
Actually a bit steeper than 4% especially coming from Schwyz 🤪 it is easier is coming from Glarus....(Prägelpaß used to be my „house trip“ as I lived in Switzerland. Actually in the same city as Kingtom)

http://www.quaeldich.de/paesse/pragelpass/

TonyM

by TonyM

Last weekend with the club to Mount Baker, WA, USA:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice! I could see Mount Baker in the distance from where I was riding. Where did you start from and how many miles round trip? I was thinking of trying that sometime from White Rock, but that might be too ambitious for me, round trip. How many in the group?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

TonyM wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
kingtom wrote:
Today Pragelpass again.
Actually a bit steeper than 4% especially coming from Schwyz 🤪 it is easier is coming from Glarus....(Prägelpaß used to be my „house trip“ as I lived in Switzerland. Actually in the same city as Kingtom)

Tony you missed my joke. About 21 or the 26 km of the Pragelpass from Schwyz are basically flat, even some downhill. The rest as I am sure you know is ferociously steep. A very tough 5 km. Some good long stretches over 15%.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

mvcap

by mvcap

This flew past me this morning, not every day you glance up and see the Goodyear Blimp here in TXImage

TonyM

by TonyM

Mr.Gib wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
kingtom wrote:
Today Pragelpass again.

Tony you missed my joke. About 21 or the 26 km of the Pragelpass from Schwyz are basically flat, even some downhill. The rest as I am sure you know is ferociously steep. A very tough 5 km. Some good long stretches over 15%.
Thanks for the clarification indeed!
Yepp from Schwyz it is much steeper than from Klönthal.

TonyM

by TonyM

Calnago wrote:Nice! I could see Mount Baker in the distance from where I was riding. Where did you start from and how many miles round trip? I was thinking of trying that sometime from White Rock, but that might be too ambitious for me, round trip. How many in the group?
We were 50 approx. We started from the border at Sumas and the trip was then 150km. Actually pretty easy as the Mt Baker is only 1500m and the grade is pretty much even with 4-5% I think. Splendid ride!! I suppose I will do it again but from home next time for a day trip with 250km. Really a stunning ride to the top! Really nice there!

ms6073

by ms6073

mvcap wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 pm
This flew past me this morning, not every day you glance up and see the Goodyear Blimp here in TX
Used to see them all the time as one used to be based in North Houston, where there is now a huge car delaership.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com