Road Bike Pain

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pariahsmile

by pariahsmile

Removed as the op has changed the original question to, what seems like spam.

FB
Last edited by pariahsmile on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I would bet that you spend a lot more time seated on the saddle on the road than you do on the mountain bike. It could be as simple as that. And longer and more frequent road rides should help, unless there is an underlying issue causing this that you have yet to determine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

I have exactly the same problem, no pain in the arse but pressure on the groin, ok for about 1.5 hrs then the next hour is unbearable, I'm constantly moving around and in the end I have to stand most of the ride home. Went to the LBS last week and took a test saddle to try, that was no good either, next saddle will be my fifth. Feel like I'm never going to find the right saddle.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

i had that issue years ago when I rode on an overly stiff aluminum road bike. switching to a more forgiving bike and also replacing the seat with one that had a hole, has helped a great deal.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

jorryt

by jorryt

Maybe a bike-fit will help?

dim

by dim

raise your handlebars an inch
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Obviously check all the basics around fit, etc. and in particular make sure the saddle is not too high. Most likely your saddle does not agree with you when it comes to long periods seated in a road application.

However before you give up you owe it to yourself to try SQ Lab 612 Ergowave. This saddle is unique in that it allows the rider to determine the exact distribution of pressure between the sit bones and perineum simply by where you sit on it. If you want you can place your sit bones all the way up on the back "shelf" and have zero contact else where.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

OP: A number of folks on this forum and I have had good results with Meld saddles that are customized to your anatomy. If you encounter any fit issues with their saddles, they'll help with the troubleshooting.

silvalis

by silvalis

buy better shorts
Chasse patate

AJS914

by AJS914

pariahsmile wrote: I start to get damn uncomfortable, especially around the groin/seated area.

Where is the pain exactly? Groin or back side butt area? Both?

KCookie

by KCookie

AJS914 wrote:
pariahsmile wrote: I start to get damn uncomfortable, especially around the groin/seated area.

As the op hasnt reported back yet, if i may but in, i only get pain under the nuts, never on my bum. I feel the pain varies depending on what bib shorts i ware, the more padding the worse the pain gets, im assuming the padding gathers and puts pressure in the groin area resulting to pain, also the saddle contributes to.
Ive tried Berk list and lupina, carbon and padded, SMP glider and just tried fizik alianti. Going to LBS tomorrow to grab another saddle to test.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

groin area takes the abuse from an overly stiff bike that. seems to be the area that takes the abuse. for me it wasn't about bike fit, but an unforgiving frame.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

KCookie

by KCookie

fromtrektocolnago wrote:groin area takes the abuse from an overly stiff bike that. seems to be the area that takes the abuse. for me it wasn't about bike fit, but an unforgiving frame.

Good excuse for me to buy another bike then. :D

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

KCookie wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:groin area takes the abuse from an overly stiff bike that. seems to be the area that takes the abuse. for me it wasn't about bike fit, but an unforgiving frame.

Good excuse for me to buy another bike then. :D

I find my c-59 and my Firefly Ti frame very accommodating. Years ago I had an aluminum bike, and i was in pain if the ride lasted more than a few hours. The 5200 was sort of in between, but closer to the colnago
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

KCookie wrote:
AJS914 wrote:

As the op hasnt reported back yet, if i may but in, i only get pain under the nuts, never on my bum. I feel the pain varies depending on what bib shorts i ware, the more padding the worse the pain gets, im assuming the padding gathers and puts pressure in the groin area resulting to pain, also the saddle contributes to.
Ive tried Berk list and lupina, carbon and padded, SMP glider and just tried fizik alianti. Going to LBS tomorrow to grab another saddle to test.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib wrote:However before you give up you owe it to yourself to try SQ Lab 612 Ergowave. This saddle is unique in that it allows the rider to determine the exact distribution of pressure between the sit bones and perineum simply by where you sit on it. If you want you can place your sit bones all the way up on the back "shelf" and have zero contact else where.

Seriously - my problem was the same as your's. I might not be riding if it weren't for these saddles. Longest ride so far was 9.5 hours ride time. Got off the bike with my ass feeling as good as when I started. FWIW I must also use only Assos Equipe shorts (but that is the case with any saddle for me).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com