Eurobike 2017

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

morganb

by morganb

[quote="maquisard"]I was at Eurobike Weds and Thurs. Have to say nothing really stood out that made me go wow. A few thoughts

- I tried to talk to someone on the Rotor stand about the fact that I have broken two of their cranks (3DF and 3D+) but was ignored!

quote]

I'm curious how these failed, hadn't heard of them having such high failure rates. I've switched over to Rotor somewhat recently due to them offering short cranks that alleviate some of my knee issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

kgt wrote:A nice pair of knit fizik shoes:

To bad they just didn't keep their first original R1 and R3. By far the most comfortable shoes I ever fitted.

Swannie

by Swannie

morganb wrote:
maquisard wrote:I was at Eurobike Weds and Thurs. Have to say nothing really stood out that made me go wow. A few thoughts

- I tried to talk to someone on the Rotor stand about the fact that I have broken two of their cranks (3DF and 3D+) but was ignored!

quote]

I'm curious how these failed, hadn't heard of them having such high failure rates. I've switched over to Rotor somewhat recently due to them offering short cranks that alleviate some of my knee issues.

i also have had 2 3d cranks broken!

maquisard

by maquisard

September is way way too later for the show, needs to be in June, July is better. Most of the 2018 bikes have already been announced for months by the time Eurobike rolls around and it too late in the season if you are a buyer.

Industry is changing, if you are a big brand and want to launch a product, you invite journalists and distributors to a bespoke event. Much cheaper than blowing €200-300k on a stand at Eurobike!

jever98

by jever98

Velomotion featured this in their thread: http://info.acros.de/en/road-disc-carbon-sls/

V intersting - sub 1300g carbon disc wheelset from Acros, with 35mm carbon rims and 20mm internal width.
----
No longer in the industry

morganb

by morganb

jever98 wrote:Velomotion featured this in their thread: http://info.acros.de/en/road-disc-carbon-sls/

V intersting - sub 1300g carbon disc wheelset from Acros, with 35mm carbon rims and 20mm internal width.

Do they have much of a US distribution channel? I would definitely be into those when I go to a disc road.

DutchMountains

by DutchMountains

Did you read the maximum tyre pressure on these? 2.5 bar = 36psi. This seems impossibly low to me, it's what I run my 35mm tubeless tyres at and I am a fairly light rider at 60kg / 132 lbs.

Also: 19.1mm internal width, not 20mm as claimed above.

StrapOn

by StrapOn

Roel W wrote:
Boshk wrote:
StrapOn wrote:Any got the 2018 canyon catalog yet? Someone usually posts it up at Eurobike time

that should be interesting

I have been told Canyon doesn't use model years anymore. They release bike models, new updates and new groupset combinations as it comes.

Strange they are advertising the cx models as 2018

Delorre

by Delorre

DutchMountains wrote:Did you read the maximum tyre pressure on these? 2.5 bar = 36psi. This seems impossibly low to me, it's what I run my 35mm tubeless tyres at and I am a fairly light rider at 60kg / 132 lbs.

Also: 19.1mm internal width, not 20mm as claimed above.

That's a typo :wink: Should be 8,5 bar. See here, from the french rim distributer himself : http://www.jpracingbike1.com/accessoires/2522-jante-duke-baccara-35c-sls-disc-ud-mat-acros-decal.html#/type_de_jante-24_trous_asymetrique

wingguy

by wingguy

Daniel1975 wrote:To bad they just didn't keep their first original R1 and R3. By far the most comfortable shoes I ever fitted.

Then you are by far in the minority, I'm afraid!

Fizik's initial shoe range did little more than tick over. Since the relaunch 2 years ago they have absolutely exploded. The new platform (both fit and aesthetic) has been incredibly successful.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

That's typically me ;-)

But how about the soles they used in the earlier models, made by Sidas. They were better than the new...?

moyboy

by moyboy

These looked cool. only for MTB for now.
Saw it on GCN.

http://www.tubolito.com/

kytyree

by kytyree

The wahoo climber isn't backwards compatible even with old "new" KICKR, so not going to work with other trainers. Has to with the dropouts and not damaging anything with the rotation. D.C. Rainmaker has a better explanation.

Kind of expensive anyway, but more so if I need a new trainer to use it.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

kytyree wrote:The wahoo climber isn't backwards compatible even with old "new" KICKR, so not going to work with other trainers. Has to with the dropouts and not damaging anything with the rotation. D.C. Rainmaker has a better explanation.

yeah I figure it won't be either... but some other trainers already have rotating dropouts, so one could dream.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

KCookie

by KCookie

kytyree wrote:The wahoo climber isn't backwards compatible even with old "new" KICKR, so not going to work with other trainers. Has to with the dropouts and not damaging anything with the rotation. D.C. Rainmaker has a better explanation.

Yeah I couldn't believe it's not compatable with the new / old Kickr, I only bought one 4 weeks ago, wish I had of known this was coming out. Hopefully they can supply new parts to make it work on older models so they don't alienate the market. By looking at DC Rainmaker video there's two small parts he inserts before the skewer so it can rotate to make the bike lift.
Could always give the Kickr to the wife and buy the newer model. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com