Eurobike 2017

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So what is on show, what cool stuff is there? Shows the pictures of what we can expect if you are there. Would love to see pics of the Extralite SPX and SPT hubs if they are there and their frame if on show. Also any Berk goodness would rock as well if they exhibiting anywhere

http://www.eurobike-show.com/eb-en/

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Curious to see 3T \ Argon 18 \ Factor and of course Berks setup. By this time of year I'm never sure what's left to show for most companies that hasn't been rolled out yet.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Ceramicspeed got a chain dry lube, more efficient than Squirtlube.

Also Wahoo unveiled a "slope simulator" for the wahoo kickr along with a refresh version of the trainer

From cyclingtips

micky

by micky

Fizik is apparently presenting both new saddles and new shoes.

djcharlou

by djcharlou

micky wrote:Fizik is apparently presenting both new saddles and new shoes.

Yes lots of "channel" saddle and a "knit" shoe like Giro

madik

by madik

Any news from Tacx or Elite? Waiting for the new smart trainers If they going to be any new ones this year..
Functionality > Performance > Weight

Tillquist

by Tillquist

madik wrote:Any news from Tacx or Elite? Waiting for the new smart trainers If they going to be any new ones this year..

Tacx NEO Smart Bike

Looking for a Garmin Out-Front mount ?

--->> http://edge-mount.bike
See all my bike h e r e

liketoride

by liketoride

i liked the kickr climb but am wondering if that will be able to go along with other trainers outside the Kickr. Hope so we shall see.

kode54

by kode54

just saw that. i'd be interested in that as well.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gravity

by gravity

Havent seen the tech aspect on the new wahoo kickr but if the if resistance dont adjust as you incline/recline -- not sure if it adds anything..

P90Puma

by P90Puma

DCRainmaker said nothing else in the trainer space besides the Kickr.

I saw on twitter Tacx made a Neo stationary bike though.

https://twitter.com/fredjacquemin/statu ... 6227193856

morganb

by morganb

Praxis carbon cranks are hardly weight weenie, but look super competitive in terms of pricing. I expect to see them OEM everywhere for late model year '18 and model year '19 bikes.

P90Puma

by P90Puma

morganb wrote:Praxis carbon cranks are hardly weight weenie, but look super competitive in terms of pricing. I expect to see them OEM everywhere for late model year '18 and model year '19 bikes.

Also with the 104mm BCD inner, they can run 30t! Looks like a competitor to the SL-K 46/30 crankset.

We have some 19% pitches here that would have made that crankset handy. I run a compact with a 12-30 right now.

morganb

by morganb

P90Puma wrote:
morganb wrote:Praxis carbon cranks are hardly weight weenie, but look super competitive in terms of pricing. I expect to see them OEM everywhere for late model year '18 and model year '19 bikes.

Also with the 104mm BCD inner, they can run 30t! Looks like a competitor to the SL-K 46/30 crankset.

We have some 19% pitches here that would have made that crankset handy. I run a compact with a 12-30 right now.

If it was anyone other than them or Shimano I would be disappointed that it has a proprietary BCD but I use their rings on everything and it opens up a bunch of options. I wish they would come out with a short crank option though. Rotor needs some competition so sub 165 cranks aren't so expensive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

djcharlou wrote:
micky wrote:Fizik is apparently presenting both new saddles and new shoes.

Yes lots of "channel" saddle and a "knit" shoe like Giro

I always liked the idea of the channel and the versus range, will be interesting to see how the weight compares (R1 Open versus regular).