Eurobike 2017

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

smartyiak

by smartyiak

uraqt wrote:The knit shoe in on the Gio web site..it's still got a laminated layer under the knit so it's not the same as all the running shoes..

C

Sure, but website photos never look the same as real life photos.

madik

by madik

P90Puma wrote:DCRainmaker said nothing else in the trainer space besides the Kickr.

I saw on twitter Tacx made a Neo stationary bike though.

https://twitter.com/fredjacquemin/statu ... 6227193856

Was expecting succesor of Elite Drivo since its unavailable and some shops already stating discontinued status in product listing.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-drivo-dir ... t-trainer/

One could thought that they stopped Drivo's munufacturing and replaced it with something newer which they would have announce at Eurobike. So i guess they might have found some difficulties in production and its postphoned.

New Elite Direto isnt really a flagship product.
Last edited by madik on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Oakley debut in the helmets game
http://www.bdc-mag.com/eurobike-2017-oakley/

(Cool website to follow pictures. kgt recommendation years ago)

kgt

by kgt

A nice pair of knit fizik shoes:

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Just came here to post that. On paper, looks better than Giro.

http://www.bdc-mag.com/eurobike-2017-fizik/

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Anyone come across 3T's new bars yet?
Just ride ..

morganb

by morganb

I haven't seen any news on it yet, but Rotor added a Aldhu (Alpe d'Huez) crankset to their site that describe as being their lightest yet. No pictures but I imagine that this will be revealed soon.

eric01

by eric01

morganb wrote:I haven't seen any news on it yet, but Rotor added a Aldhu (Alpe d'Huez) crankset to their site that describe as being their lightest yet. No pictures but I imagine that this will be revealed soon.

BDC mag has pics of it here:

http://www.bdc-mag.com/eurobike-2017-rotor/

According to google translate, its 440 g for a 172.5 compact. That's ~40g savings over the 3D+.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I wonder if the main savings come from crankarms/axle or the new 4-bolt spider vs the 3D+. If crankarms, then it's interesting to see if they'll be, for instance, P2M NG compatible.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

morganb

by morganb

eric01 wrote:
morganb wrote:I haven't seen any news on it yet, but Rotor added a Aldhu (Alpe d'Huez) crankset to their site that describe as being their lightest yet. No pictures but I imagine that this will be revealed soon.

BDC mag has pics of it here:

http://www.bdc-mag.com/eurobike-2017-rotor/

According to google translate, its 440 g for a 172.5 compact. That's ~40g savings over the 3D+.

Thanks! very surprised by the move to 4 bolt, maybe that is going to be the new road "standard". If the crank does well I hope they come out with their full range of lengths.

maquisard

by maquisard

I was at Eurobike Weds and Thurs. Have to say nothing really stood out that made me go wow. A few thoughts

- Massive amounts of eBikes!

- Lots of big brands missing. Spoke to a friend who works for Canyon and although they had about 60 guys there for meetings. They had no stand.

- I tried to talk to someone on the Rotor stand about the fact that I have broken two of their cranks (3DF and 3D+) but was ignored!

- Glad I left on Thursday as it was pouring with rain, a complete contrast to the day before when it was 30C and sunny.

- There were noticably less people there this year than on the Weds and Thurs last year.

Roel W

by Roel W

smartyiak wrote:
uraqt wrote:The knit shoe in on the Gio web site..it's still got a laminated layer under the knit so it's not the same as all the running shoes..

C

Sure, but website photos never look the same as real life photos.

Good to know.
I had a plan to dissamble my old Nike Poggio shoes and glue a laced shoe upper to the carbon fibre sole. After I realised it was more difficult then I tought I ditched the plan.
Then I saw the Giro shoes and replanned the dissambly with Nike Flyknit upper glued to the Nike Poggio sole.

Roel W

by Roel W

Boshk wrote:
StrapOn wrote:Any got the 2018 canyon catalog yet? Someone usually posts it up at Eurobike time

that should be interesting

I have been told Canyon doesn't use model years anymore. They release bike models, new updates and new groupset combinations as it comes.

micky

by micky

maquisard wrote:I was at Eurobike Weds and Thurs. Have to say nothing really stood out that made me go wow. A few thoughts

- Massive amounts of eBikes!

- Lots of big brands missing. Spoke to a friend who works for Canyon and although they had about 60 guys there for meetings. They had no stand.

- I tried to talk to someone on the Rotor stand about the fact that I have broken two of their cranks (3DF and 3D+) but was ignored!

- Glad I left on Thursday as it was pouring with rain, a complete contrast to the day before when it was 30C and sunny.

- There were noticably less people there this year than on the Weds and Thurs last year.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year as they move to July.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com