Eurobike 2017

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

They've already confirmed it wont be backwards compatible and I'm a little pissed I bought a "new" kicker for the increased accuracy etc under the impression there wouldn't be any native thru axle compatibility in the near future from Wahoo.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madik

by madik

Nefarious86 wrote:They've already confirmed it wont be backwards compatible and I'm a little pissed I bought a "new" kicker for the increased accuracy etc under the impression there wouldn't be any native thru axle compatibility in the near future from Wahoo.

Thats how the companies operates during the product cycle, they wont tell a thing about upcoming products. I wanted to buy a Tacx Neo, but then i realized how *f##k* up is their solution for thru axle support. A fricking QR which is pain in the arse to install/unistall everytime you need to mount or dismount bike from the trainer. And also Tacx wants you to buy their expensive adapter kir..
So I will go with Elite Direto as they did the proper thinkink and thru axle is supported out of box with your own thru axle which can be quickly screwed in.
Unfortunately new Kickr is too noisy to consider it as an option :( Neo would be the best but I would be so pissed about the QR solution which would just have driven me crazy.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

commendatore

by commendatore

moyboy wrote:These looked cool. only for MTB for now.
Saw it on GCN.

http://www.tubolito.com/

I don't know anyone still running tubes on a mtb, but I'm all for having a smaller spare to carry around.

havana

by havana

Hence, another great example of a solution for a non-existing problem.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

kgt

by kgt

This thread must be the least interesting Eurobike thread in the history of ww. Are we tired of new bikes and components or what..?
Last edited by kgt on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

micky

by micky

Eurobike is losing its "charm" as all main new products have already been presented.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

If this is Eurobike, I wonder what Interbike will be like this year...

seaneT1

by seaneT1

maybe if we are lucky enough, the industry people decided that interbike should be the centre of the season's attention and not eurobike, and give us all the new and exciting products and tech there!...here is to hoping!

havana

by havana

Perhaps we should conclude that product launches don't really need the old fashioned communication channel of 'event/fair' in the era of the interwebs.

For companies, events/fairs are expensive, labour intense and very time consuming. Furthermore, the PR value is highly unpredictable.

Just sending over a sample to influential bloggers like DCR / Shane Miller is cheaper and the ROI is probably much higher (assuming the product isn't rubbish).
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

jeffy

by jeffy

Bura Disc

bilwit

by bilwit

the new Fizik Open saddles are 40+ grams heavier than the current ones.. no thanks. They look cool though I guess :x