Bike fitting for a kid

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CharlesAKing

by CharlesAKing

Hi,

I am looking for advice on bike fitting. I am looking for the opinions of all the experienced people here. I used to ride bikes a lot when I was a kid. Now my son is doing the same. He rides his bike literally whole day. ( He is currently using a Frog Road 70).

I recently came across this article. This has got me worried. I never thought bike fitting was this important. Now when I think about some of my health issues I feel it was due to not doing a proper bike fitting. I don't want this to happen to my kid. But I am not sure about the credibility of this article so I am here to clear this up.

So . Is a proper bike fitting really necessary?

Will not doing it result in health issues?

What are your opinions or experiences on this?

I am also looking for a place to do professional bike fitting in Toronto. If anybody knows any good shops please do suggest them.

jorryt

by jorryt

I think it's useless for a kid. He wil grow quick so therefore his body proportions wil change a lot. With that the fit you just got wil change again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ntb1001

by ntb1001

Yup...I have kids and have changed frames regularly while they were growing.
Just fund a compromise. A frame slightly too big and fit them as well as you can with various stems or bars. The way kids grow, you will be constantly checking fit.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk