South east velodrome in the US for track camp

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

I'm shopping for a velodrome in the South east United States.

The idea for me and my bunch is to go South during winter ( around march 2018) to combine a few days of warm temperatures to ride outside, but also also take the opportunity to attend a few track sessions/lessons or "mini track camp" at the same time.
We're looking for velodromes that have bikes rental service, and qualified coaching staff.

Thanks for your insights :beerchug:

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Thanks JackRusselRacing,

How's the area around Rock Hill ?
I was spotting this one as my first choice.
General weather looks ok in late march.
Prices are in my budget :oops: :wink: , many services ( motorpacing would be cool !) and availability, although I will have to check with the program responsable.
I quickly looked around on Street view, there are a few national parks with many nice, quiet roads not too far from the city.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

LouisN wrote:Thanks JackRusselRacing,

How's the area around Rock Hill ?
I was spotting this one as my first choice.
General weather looks ok in late march.
Prices are in my budget :oops: :wink: , many services ( motorpacing would be cool !) and availability, although I will have to check with the program responsable.
I quickly looked around on Street view, there are a few national parks with many nice, quiet roads not too far from the city.

Late March/early April is about the most perfect riding weather in our area (IMHO). Plenty of rolling hills in the area, and the Blue Ridge mountains are a short drive away. Cool morning temps (50dF) with afternoons usually in the low 70dF range.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Alkek velodrome in Houston, if you count that as southeast.