Weight Weenies Vuelta poule, Win an AX Lightness Leaf, or Berk Saddle!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Hi all,

We have organized a Fantasy League named ‘Weight Weenies’ for the Vuelta a España on Scorito.com and would like Weight Weenies members to join! (non members will be removed from the list.

We have found Starbike and Berk available to gift us the 1st and 2nd prize, an AX Lightness Leaf saddle and a Berk saddle. 3rd Prize is still unknown. but it seems like a well known tire manufacturer is jumping in.

How to play Scorito's Fantasy Cycling:
- Please use your Forum name
- Select a team of 20 riders;
- Select 9 riders for each stage;
- From these 9 riders, choose a team captain for that stage.

It is possible to join until Saturday, August 19th at 5:30 pm (CEST). Let’s see who is the expert of cycling!

Click on the link below to join!

https://www.scorito.com/cycling-manager ... 64dda47638

Let the games begin!
Frankie - B
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Wow, it is still quite easy to WIN some awesome carbon goodies from AX Lightness and BERK.

Why wouldn't you join the fantasy cycling league?
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Thanks to those for putting the contest on :) Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
Just ride ..

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

You are welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing more participants in the game. 22 members are in now, which makes winning a saddle easy.

Come on, join in on the fun!

tomvin90

by tomvin90

I'll be putting a team together, I like the 20 rider format - not done a cycling f.l like this before.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Yo, last chance to put a team up, or alter your team. at 17:30 CET the race will start.

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Should have obviously put some more thought into team selection for the TTT and doubling down on BMC...

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

exact same thoughts here.

Renne

by Renne

It's great that you get to choose 20 riders, it's a pain in the #ss having to choose 9 for each stage. Today I had the top 3 in my team, only had 2 of them selected (and could have had 2 more riders in the top 10 but did not select them). Stage team selection is really going to be a big factor here it seems...this is getting me more invested than I should be, but it's fun (even if it is frustrating at times).

Rondje

by Rondje

Renne wrote:It's great that you get to choose 20 riders, it's a pain in the #ss having to choose 9 for each stage. Today I had the top 3 in my team, only had 2 of them selected (and could have had 2 more riders in the top 10 but did not select them). Stage team selection is really going to be a big factor here it seems...this is getting me more invested than I should be, but it's fun (even if it is frustrating at times).

Been playing on Scorito for a longer time now, and it's more of a tactical game there. You have to check the course, the GC and everything in order to decide if you go for GC/Sprint guys or if the attackers get a chance. Especially in this Vuelta with nearly no real sprinters it's hard to choose because of a less controlled race.

Willier

by Willier

Already -2 cyclists on my team. Bummer

Renne

by Renne

So far I have lost 1 rider. My girlfriend, who also decided to join the pool, has also lost 2 riders. Hasn't stopped her from holding on to second place overall for the moment. She has already played the Tour poule so has some experience :)

Edit:
It's official, I hate this game...and Alaphilippe and Majka. Why did I not select those two for today's stage. Oh right because I didn't expect them to finish first and third :oops:

mendiz

by mendiz

Haha, hello, Renne, I thought the same when I saw Alaphilippe in the breakway, many points lost, you are first , me second, great duel today for the stage today between Alaphilippe and Majka, and nice eight stages.
I think we will see cracks of several riders, I will be seeing three stages, in Antequera and the start in Coín and the very hard climb of Sierra Nevada, I do not forget the face of Tony Rominger in that climb in 1994, pure suffering, he looked like a 50 years old.
In 1995 Jalabert face was much more relaxed when he let to win to Bert Dietz
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Renne

by Renne

mendiz, you are getting really close. If today I would have selected Alaphilippe and Majka I would have a more comfortable lead, now however it's looking really exciting ;) you have pushed my girlfriend from second to third (she didn't select Majka either).
RimClencher, istacarr and Rondje are also getting closer. But if you see that the entire top 10 is still within about 150 points. Still early days, but looks like a very exciting Vuelta-pool!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Exciting = Stressful!
Just ride ..