New Wahoo Elment Mini <$100

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

For <$100, this is going to be the best intro level GPS bike computer. Wahoo really doing a killer job in this market.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/08/01/wa ... es-signal/

http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bik ... h9o35nrhdu
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

No power meter support, no builtin gps, and it doesn't actually record any of your sensor data, that's all done through your phone's Bluetooth. Basically it's a more robust version of the RFLKT, but if you have a sensor dropout issue with your phone (which is common if it's sitting in your back pocket), your actual data will be spotty.
The advantage of this over mounting your phone on the handlebars is that it's more readable and should drain your battery less since the screen is off.

bilwit

by bilwit

should have thrown in power in there.. why not?

glepore

by glepore

Its more or less a rebranded RFLKT+. It comes with its own speed sensor, but has no internal gps capability. I have an original rflkt+. and once it had the bugs worked out, it was ok. However, with the rflkt you could get power thru the app, if your pm did bluetooth (or if you used the rflkt+ with its ant bridge). Looks like they've dumbed this one down.

The issue for some folks will be the need to carry a phone and use battery life to run the phone gps. Also no routing. But its a cheap rlfkt+, which isn't a bad thing if you always carry a charged phone.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

AJS914

by AJS914

bilwit wrote:should have thrown in power in there.. why not?

To make you buy the Bolt.

bilwit

by bilwit

AJS914 wrote:

To make you buy the Bolt.

Yeah I hate that. I don't care about all the fancy bells and whistles on the Bolt (Navigation, Maps, LED notifications, Live Segments, etc), just give me my sensor data with automatic wifi upload support in a minimal, lightweight and cost-effective head unit :evil:

kulivontot

by kulivontot

It's actually more so because they don't make power meters. All sensors they support have to be dual ant+/ble since the head unit and the phone each use an interface.
Which technically includes almost all power meters out there, but there may be some secret sauce in the wahoo sensors that makes this particular implementation work, but i agree seems a convenient omission to force you into a more premium model

Bogan

by Bogan

Simple, how many cyclists actually have power meters on their bikes? Very few.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

ntb1001

by ntb1001

looks good for the price

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

The rflkt + supported power. And sensors don't have to be dual, at least w the rflkt, as there was an ant bridge in the device. No processing done on the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record