Ribble Cycles Review WARNING

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Live in NZ
Shop at Wiggle
Generally 30-50% saving on price locally
Stuff arrives in a week
Choice :thumbup:
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

askeAnker

by askeAnker

Don't they violate the OEM deals with the brands by (possibly) selling the parts individually? It sure sounds like they do that. And btw, the manuals also come with OEM parts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

I don't care. My LBS have -as a rule- so ridiculous prices, so they're not even in consideration.

Paying some few extra € at Wi/ CRC ( same business recently ) I have stuff next day before lunch.

2nd thing is that CRC&Wiggle together are so big that literally no one can ignore them.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

rajMAN

by rajMAN

As a long time customer of Ribble, I had it confirmed today that they are no longer stocking ASSOS. So thats my loyalty bonus shot to bits. :(

KCookie

by KCookie

rajMAN wrote:As a long time customer of Ribble, I had it confirmed today that they are no longer stocking ASSOS. So thats my loyalty bonus shot to bits. :(

I always get my Assos clothing from the Assos factory outlet in the UK, sizes are limited but excellent prices delivered to OZ, or Torpedo7 in NZ are very cheap to.
Had a tyre delivered fro Ribble with no complaints. Never had a problem with them, Yet. !!!

havana

by havana

Finally got my front derailleur today after 3 months and a dozen of emails.

Folks, don’t buy anything from these wankers....
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

micky

by micky

I was interested in buying some clothing from them but now I guess I better not.

markyboy

by markyboy

As others have said ribble has changed,i dont use them anymore.
For me its wiggle or merlin mostly wiggle i find they are the cheapest out of them all and service second to none.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

For contrast here is my experience with another company.

I noticed a crack in a rim yesterday, informed the manufacturer via email yesterday, received a reply yesterday, received a shipping label yesterday. Wheel will go out today and no doubt will be rebuilt and returned promptly.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

stax

by stax

I bought a Selle Italia SLR Tekno saddle from Ribble a few months ago and after a few rides the clear coat chipped where my thigh must contact it. I emailed them and got a reply to return it the next day, along with instructions to get the shipping cost back. That was duly done and after a few weeks they had heard from the supplier and were ready to send a replacement. I had to buy a saddle whilst this was away so asked for an account credit instead. They replied that they had credited my card rather than Ribble account.

The whole process was handled extremely well and all my emails were replied to promptly. My one criticism is that they should not have to ask a supplier if an item can be credited, but put the credit through and then deal with the supplier themselves. Not that big of a deal though.

I will happily use them again, but did notice their prices are not as competitive as they were.