Bibione ITA - road cycling

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

vladoo

by vladoo

Hello,
I will spend 8 days in Bibione, Italy, with my family. I am planning to take my bike. Is there anybody from there? Or do you have any tips where to ride ? I have got road bike and I prefer roads without cars (surprise, right? :) ).

Thank You.
Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred. (V. Havel, november 1989)

micky

by micky

I havent been to Bibione for long time but on the main cities along the sea expect big cycling groups to meet in early morning, usually husbands/bfs who need to be back before lunch time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vladoo

by vladoo

I just came back from that flat part of our planet :) 100km ride with 90mvertical is not a problem - biggest climb is over the highway.
There are many roads for cyclists, sometimes with "strade bianchi" sectors. I tried it for the first time and it is really not easy to handle bike in rocks - front wheels holds the line quite good, but rear one is still jumping from right to left and back. And bike is white because of white dust from the rocks.
I live in hilly country and that was something completely different, sometimes I felt like on rollers - flat and narrow, no need to shift. If you live in Bibione with Shimano Di2, you probably charge the battery once/year.
Drivers are tollerant, but I saw 2 situations, where cyclist must clip off the pedal, otherwise car would get him into ditch.
If anyone has questions, I am ready to answer.
Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred. (V. Havel, november 1989)