Anybody purchase from cyclexclusive.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

warlord385

by warlord385

I was wondering if anyone purchased from cyclexclusive.com. I couldn't find anyone who has actually bought anything from there. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Hi,

I ordered and got delivered a Pinarello F10. It is good store and when I was there a lot of frames were picked up by Feddex to go to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, the US and other European countries.
The owner is a former track cyclist on the WC for the Netherlands a few years ago. Also a real cyclist and Italian bicycle lover. The communication with the owner has been very good so I think you can order there without hesitation.

Ciao
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

warlord385

by warlord385

Thanks!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Some of you might have seen/heard of my account of buying a C60 from an overseas retailer and the issues I had with it. Had to complete the account and found that there's already a short thread on the shop, and so decided to add my experience here.

Good - Sipke Zijlstra of Cyclexclusive was very quick in his replies and we exchanged emails a few times a day even. There were updates during the order and he was keen to impress me of his close ties with Colnago by showing me pictures of a visit to the factory to meet Ernesto.

Bad - frame came with a paint scrap at the seat tube lug and excess carbon material at the bb lug which popped out as a flake.

He insisted that I must have done something to scrape the paint off and said that they had never seen the lug issue before (wonder how that help things...) He ended his reply to my feedback email by offering €50-€100 to repair it locally rather than to return it and incur higher costs for everyone.

I like the frame and agreed that it seems repairable locally, and got it fixed after a month of waiting. That's when he refused to pay for the repairs even though the cost came within his budget of €100. His various arguments:

- I scraped seat tube lug myself and had no right to make them cover the damage (who the f*** would do that to their frame? The scrape was so neatly lined that it couldn't have been an accident in any case)
- I removed the 'warranty sticker' and voided the warranty, and that I'm trying to make him pay for covering up the indent area caused by removing the sticker. (bloody sticker only says the owner should read the manual, who the hell leaves it on anyway. The indent was later coated over as part of the lug repair so it wasn't an additional repair item)
- they had never had that lug issue before and insisted that it was a paint issue (nope it wasn't; a paint shop refused to do it because he saw that it was excess carbon material and not a mere paint flake. The flake had to be carefully removed by a carbon repair shop and the whole lug sanded down and coated again)
- I have been trying to fleece him of money right from the start when I talked to him about the purchase (I showed him the price of the frame locally, and asked if he can make me a good offer. In the end due to a misunderstanding I actually paid a few hundred more buying from him over the LBS)
- the repair shop receipt I showed him was written on paper and can possibly be forged (I forwarded him all the different ways to contact the repair shop but he was apparently too lazy or unwilling to be proven wrong)

He eventually wanted to give me €40 for my trouble but that never materialised too. I texted the shop since he don't want to do so for a cost breakdown and said I'll absorb the cost of the seat tube paint repair and he only need to reimburse me €82. It has been 2 weeks and silence from him thus far.

The sum is small but I'm just pissed that he tried to push the blame of the defects to me and went back on his words even though I took the trouble to rectify the problem. For anyone thinking of getting a nicely priced Colnago from his shop, I'll just have to warn you that he's all nice and friendly until things go sideways. Some of you might felt that I should have taken the advice of returning it straight away, but I thought it would be a difficult process as I'm not in Europe and I have confidence that the repair job would be done well. If you ever thought of purchasing from them and would like to know if my account is true, just pm me and I'll send you our entire conversation.

Cyclexclusive

by Cyclexclusive

Every story has 2 sides..

We take every complain serious but this issue was not normal and covered for any warranty.

1. The customer removed with sharp tool the warranty sticker which is under the blanc paint by himself with a sharp tool!Why would you do that when the frame is so bad painted?? (See picture 1)

2. The paint problems was not on the frame before we shipped it. We made pictures before shipping and also emailed it to him. (this is what we always do before shipping) (See picture 2 and 3)

3. When he started with threatening to destroy us on forums if we would not pay him, we decided to give him less attention. Before we shipped the frame he already wanted to pay less as we agreed and later he tried to get these refund and started with defamation.

4. Later he contacted about weird things in the bottle cages holes. Which was impossible to get out for him. And on the pictures you could see he almost destroyed these screws. Which are normal screws you can get out with an allen tool. But on these pictures we could see he also painted the decals of Colnago in gold. (See picture 4)

5. In the beginning we did not see that he tried to chance things by himself on the paint. So before that it was no problem to return it or let it repair on our costs. Distributor and Colnago agreed with this. But when we received more picture, that he worked for himself on the paint, the image of the customer chanced completely for the distributor and us. (See picture 5)

If you chance the paint of the frame by yourself and something goes wrong, it is not fair to blame the brand for this.

Attached picture you did not see in his post. The frame before shipping and when he had it.

Picture 1:

Picture 2 and 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Thanks for coming over to join the conversation here (since you've decided to stop replying me entirely for the past month)

Part of my frustration with you is that you are refusing to 1. Stick to your promise of the miserable reimbursement and to 2. address the relevant issue which is the about the lug finish, that you asked me to repair on my own.

1. I didn't need to use a tool to get the warranty sticker out. You saw that I removed the sticker right away in the first email I sent you and yet you still made the proposal about the local repair to me so I don't know why you are complaining.

2. Your picture didn't show the lug problem in particular so you could have missed catching it. As mentioned countless times it was excess material on an improperly finished lug, it wasn't a user problem. Anyway, if you think Colnago's finish is always flawless you should see what some owners say here.

3. I ended up paying more buying from you then locally, don't know why you are complaining about that. I don't do defamation, cos it's just enough to deal with the facts. I can't sue you for this for various reasons so all I can do is to tell others of my experiences. Wholesale, no lies necessary.

4. I have no idea why you are bringing up this issue with the bottle cage bosses here - this shows your continued attempt to draw the discussions away from the main issue. Perhaps there's a communication problem here about it - if you had told me that it required the use of a TORX KEY I might not have to 'destroy' it. I failed to destroy it with my allen key by the way, because it is made of metal. And it wasn't just me, many people on this forum had no idea what it was.

5. Had to knocked my eyeballs out from the back of my head here - I told you that THEY WERE DECALS. Stickers. Paper layers you can put on or peel off. And again I have no idea why you are so bothered by it. You should see the stuff people do with their bikes here. Anyway, this again has no relevance to my claims. And this forum has seen the bike already, no need to say I'm hiding this.

Again, glad you are coming out. Do stay around a bit more and hopefully you can address the real issue eventually. As mentioned, I'm pissed about more than the lack of refund on the repair. Nobody wants to go around and get a repair done on the new frame and wait a month before their build, and then have the dealer backing out on his promise.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

All this over €82? Dude, go ride your bike. You voided the warranty. Whether they choose to enforce that depends on how much of a PIA you are, and we'll all have to make our own judgements on that. Looks like an awesome machine. Go ride it.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

As mentioned, my intent was to review the service I received. The money isn't even enough for me to get a pair of blinkers. It's the stupid shit I've to go through that pissed me off. That is worth mentioning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

kbbpll wrote:All this over €82? Dude, go ride your bike. You voided the warranty. Whether they choose to enforce that depends on how much of a PIA you are, and we'll all have to make our own judgements on that. Looks like an awesome machine. Go ride it.
Uh, how would you feel if you bought a $5k frameset and it was flawed and you had to wait a month to get it repaired out of pocket?

kbbpll

by kbbpll

OK, so it's just a tough lesson then. Send it back next time before you start "customizing" it if it's that big of a deal to you. Everything is all muddied up here as far as who to believe, etc, nobody is party to all the back and forth over (seemingly) some minor cosmetic flaws, we're never going to get the full straight story from either party, if you're not planning on putting it in a museum, like I said, go ride it.

How does it ride, anyway?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I think I made my case pretty clear and his response is just all over the place. Anyway, just putting it out here for people intending to read reviews. It rides comfortably and looks good, that's all I ask for tbh. A little sour over the incident but nothing to do with my interest for the bike.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com