Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

northwestern wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 pm
Has anyone had any issues with operating the front buttons while their hands were really wet/sweaty?
Yes, not just that, but if the buttons have water/sweat pooled on them, they aren't responsive/don't work until you wipe it away

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

Myself and one other person I have spoken to are experiencing an issue with the Bolt where it does not upload a completed ride to the Elemnt app (and subsequently to Strava) over the phone's data connection without first opening the app. Previously, I could just finish the ride and it would upload automatically to both the app and Strava. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to resolve it? It's not a big issue, but it is annoying.

by Weenie

glepore

by glepore

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=248827
Lots of us. I upload to xert, which still works but not automatically. Strava gets it from there.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

glepore

by glepore

Just an update, mine works now if the app is open on the phone, but not as a background process.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

glepore wrote:Just an update, mine works now if the app is open on the phone, but not as a background process.
This is what I meant. The app needs to be open on the phone for the rides to sync. Previously it would sync not long after ending the ride on the Bolt. It seems to sync automatically if the Bolt is connected to The Wifi network selected in the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmp

by dmp

glepore wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm
Just an update, mine works now if the app is open on the phone, but not as a background process.
Me too, but when I open the app on the phone the default page is the history page, and it will not upload the new ride to the app until I go to the settings page. If I remember correctly this has been going on for about a week or two.
Another other very odd thing started happening on Strava around (or at??) the same time- when looking at my segment results compared with others, at least half of the time my avatar is replaced by that of the person ranking just below me. Very strange.

vulturest

by vulturest

Would you guys recommend to bolt over the Roam?

glepore

by glepore

FWIW, my Bolt has started uploading automatically without opening the app...

jfranci3

by jfranci3

NICE. This has been a pain.

moonoi

by moonoi

glepore wrote:FWIW, my Bolt has started uploading automatically without opening the app...
Mine has been doing that for years...

northwestern

by northwestern

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:14 pm
My Wahoo app updated today...
Did you make any changes to the Bolt or the app?

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:39 pm
The app has been doing that since ever. It was just a setting.
Current: 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 | SRAM Red Etap | Edco Umbrial 45 - FFWD F6R Ceramic
Projects: 2021 TT Project | Frame Unknown | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Pro Disc - TriSpoke
Retired: 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook Crit

glepore

by glepore

Ritsuke wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:25 am
glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:39 pm
The app has been doing that since ever. It was just a setting.
Nope. I have it set in the app to auto upload. This feature stopped working for a lot of us a couple months back. Mine has been sporadic, also text and call notifications no longer work.

by Weenie

Ringo

by Ringo

I sent a link from my bolt to my wife in order to see where I’m going.
Just to see if it works.
Unfortunately you have to connect it to your phone and also be connected to internet. This means the battery of the phone goes down quickly.
Not suitable for long rides in mountains.
I have it for 2 years and all this time I though that it worked..!