Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Partly based on some of the posts here I picked up a Bolt. In LE Pink of course. So far I like it a lot better than my Edge 520. Set-up and tweaking via the companion app is so fast and easy it is amazing. The screen clarity and font is much clearer and view-able at any angle. I was concerned about etap connectivity but it has a field for gear position which is great. I loved that about the 520. It does not have a seperate field for etap battery life which kind of sucks, but you can just switch pages which isn't any work to do. It has an automatic pop-up window that alerts you to 20% battery remaining which gives piece of mind. I also like the looks of it better and appears obviously aero which is cool. So far I'm happy!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

robertbb

by robertbb

Have they fixed the issues with the Favero Assioma's yet?

C36

by C36

robertbb wrote:Have they fixed the issues with the Favero Assioma's yet?
Which one? Support with the latest firmware answer products, no. For the rest I am not sure what you refer to?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robertbb

by robertbb

C36 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Which one? Support with the latest firmware answer products no, for the rest I am not sure what you refer to?

Sorry I don't understand "Support with the latest firmware answer products no"

I just remember reading that there were issues with Assiomas and Elemnt Bolts some time ago.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Both my Assioma Duo and Uno sets have started the dreaded "battery drain" associated with the Bolt, so yes, to me its an issue and firmware updates dont do it.

JoO

by JoO

happy bolt user here.
I really like the chevrons as apposed to a different color for garmin.

C36

by C36

robertbb wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Which one? Support with the latest firmware answer products no, for the rest I am not sure what you refer to?

Sorry I don't understand "Support with the latest firmware answer products no"

I just remember reading that there were issues with Assiomas and Elemnt Bolts some time ago.
Assioma latest firmware enables new measurements currently only supported by recent garmin gps.
For the rest I think the actual wahoo firmware fixed most of the past I ssues (I personally haven’t noticed anything special since then)

Sojodave

by Sojodave

I've unfortunately have made a habit of getting lost on organized rides. I sync up the map with Ridewithgps, but somehow I end up taking a wrong turn or two. I was talking to my lbs about the Roam and how it can get you on track back to the route if you get lost. She said the bolt can do the same thing through the phone app. Does anyone know how you use the app to get on onto the route if you get lost?

robertbb

by robertbb

Leviathan wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 pm
Both my Assioma Duo and Uno sets have started the dreaded "battery drain" associated with the Bolt, so yes, to me its an issue and firmware updates dont do it.
How does the Bolt head unit affect the battery drain indicators of the Assiomas? :noidea:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robertbb wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:36 pm
Leviathan wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 pm
How does the Bolt head unit affect the battery drain indicators of the Assiomas? :noidea:

It doesn’t. I had the battery drain issue and haven’t been using my Assiomas with an ELEMNT.

I did notice something odd about Wahoo users on Strava though. Strava will import calorie figures from FIT files without modification. Apparently Wahoo computers assume that anything under 60% of HRmax is inactivity and won’t count calories burned. So while kJ and kcal should be near 1:1, on recovery rides Wahoo users will have their calories massively underreported.

guyc

by guyc

About time.

glepore

by glepore

So, with the update none of my ios devices see any wifi network, nor can I enter one manually. I've contacted support, anyone else having the issue?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

guyc wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm
About time.
Given it's a product by their direct competition you can understand why it was not high up the order in their priority.

guyc

by guyc

On the contrary. It was costing them sales and they knew it.

by Weenie