Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

misterq

by misterq

Man btwn newest iOS and phone connected to Bolt, my phone battery doesnt last much

kytyree

by kytyree

iOS 11 has made a mess of my phone too but seems ok with the Bolt , but I don’t do any live tracking etc.

by Weenie

bilwit

by bilwit

Is your workout page really tied to the pairing with your PM? Seems pretty stupid that it isn't just saved to your profile and then synced when you pair with whatever sensor.. When I switch bikes I have to unpair the current bike in order for it to find the new PM.. and by doing that the workout page gets set to default every time :x

tomee

by tomee

how do i fix this issue?
i have a garmin speed sensor that is paired, however whenever i go under a tunnel and lose GPS signal the speed stops reading.
It is like the bolt is still using the GPS as speed instead of the sensor even though it is paired.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Just discovered that Dropbox is now available as a linked account for uploads, opening the road for seamless GoldenCheetah imports. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Oh Dropbox - that's cool! I've been looking for an easy way to GC, especially since the recent Strava update made me cancel my subscription :D

kulivontot

by kulivontot

I haven't been able to find a way to get the Dropbox sync in GC to work. I know i can just mount the db folder and auto import, but for the life of me can't get the actual "synchronize" function to work.

kytyree

by kytyree

Maybe it isn't just me then. I thought I would be able to get dropbox and GC to work together but couldn't sort it out. But I haven't used GC all that much so thought maybe I was missing something.

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

Marin, what about the Strava update made you cancel your subscription?

I was thinking about subscribing so I could get live segments on my Bolt. For what it’s worth, I’ve used Golden Cheetah for years, and the Wahoo Dropbox integration works well with it. My Bolt pushes its data files to Dropbox, so I can use GC on any computer that has access to my Dropbox account.

The only problem is that at first, my Bolt consistently synced with both Strava and Dropbox, but now it sometimes fails to push files to one or both accounts. When that happens, I have to use the Wahoo app to manually force the upload.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

I've struggled with the GC dropbox sync too. I think it works but it's just a painfully slow sync process. But this pathway to get data from Elemnt into GC isn't dependent on the GC sync. Just use the (manual) GC Import from File function and point it to the files that the Elemnt has dropped in the folder it creates on Dropbox.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

kulivontot wrote:I haven't been able to find a way to get the Dropbox sync in GC to work. I know i can just mount the db folder and auto import, but for the life of me can't get the actual "synchronize" function to work.

The problem is (I think) that GC looks to the GC athlete folder on DB for the synchronize function. Once you've imported files into GC on one device, if you hit "synchronize" on another device they sync. I think that the sync function is really only useful if you have GC on multiple computers and want to keep the internal datebase on each consistent without having to do an import each time.I also believe that GC only syncs .json files and not .tcx files, which creates another issue. So, until Wahoo allows the Bolt to upload to GC by loading to DB the athlete file (you'd have to be able to id it in the upload setup), you have to import first and then sync.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Ah. That functionality is indeed something I'm looking for as i do sync gc between multiple computers. It'd be nice if they documented this stuff somewhere no?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Ah. That functionality is indeed something I'm looking for as i do sync gc between multiple computers. It'd be nice if they documented this stuff somewhere no?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Last edited by kulivontot on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

glepore

by glepore

kulivontot wrote:Ah. That functionality is indeed something I'm looking for as i do sync gc between multiple computers. It'd be nice if they documented this stuff somewhere no?

Yes, but I'm grateful that it does as much as it does for free.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record