Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

Maybe Wahoo aspires to do their own radar smart system which would be one of the very few legitimate business reasons not to support Varia. To be honest, at this stage, 2019, with all the available cheap componentry and knowledge companies have access to, we should all have smart cycling systems at a reasonable price.

sfo423

by sfo423

Isn't that a Bryton?
Shrike wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:16 pm
To be honest, at this stage, 2019, with all the available cheap componentry and knowledge companies have access to, we should all have smart cycling systems at a reasonable price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Couldn't find it on the DC Rainmaker review, but admit to not reading through this entire thread. Does the bolt offer fields for gearing/battery life for etap? This is my favorite feature on my aging edge 520.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I know I have DI2 battery life but can't say I have looked for the gearing feature so not sure on that one............
BB

Coffee & carbon

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

beanbiken wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:17 am
I know I have DI2 battery life but can't say I have looked for the gearing feature so not sure on that one............
Thanks!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

bomber

by bomber

beanbiken wrote:
I know I have DI2 battery life
Do you? I thought this was only under sensors and couldn't be displayed as field on screen??
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

beanbiken

by beanbiken

bomber wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 am
beanbiken wrote:
I know I have DI2 battery life
Do you? I thought this was only under sensors and couldn't be displayed as field on screen??
Hmm, maybe correct. I'm sure [at least I think i'm sure :oops: ] I have seen the DI2% somewhere on my additional pages, I'll check and confirm either way.........
BB

Coffee & carbon

guyc

by guyc

Yes, it’s only within the sensor details. No on-screen field AFAIK.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Yes must confirm, there does not seem to be a data field for DI2 battery level, but gear wise I was presented with 2 options, current gear (visual) & current gear. Also seems to be an option for your phone battery, sorry for the false/mistaken information
BB

Coffee & carbon

1415chris

by 1415chris

wheelbuilder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:11 am
Couldn't find it on the DC Rainmaker review, but admit to not reading through this entire thread. Does the bolt offer fields for gearing/battery life for etap? This is my favorite feature on my aging edge 520.
Yes for gearing, numerical and graphic representation.
Withe the Etap, since there are four batteries, it is a bit tricker to show battery life as such ;)
Therefore no such an option, only computer and phone battery.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

1415chris wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am
Withe the Etap, since there are four batteries, it is a bit tricker to show battery life as such ;)
You do get a huge low battery warning though, or at least I did last weekend with my Red AXS groupset. Not sure if you do on "old" eTap and whether it only applies to the rear derailleur, which as I understand is the part that has the ANT+ chipset, or if low battery warnings from any of the other parts are also forwarded to the head unit…

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Does the Etap stuff transmit gear data via Ant+? I know that Di2 does if you have the d-fly. I have it on my TT bike and it has been extremely helpful to see what gear I'm using on certain portions of race course and refine my gear setup.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Just tweeted this to Wahoo

https://twitter.com/N_Squillari/status/ ... 4469272577

anyone else found the same recently?

"@wahoofitness reports of any ANT+ drops on your units since the latest update? Mine and others have noticed it. Dropping power (and obvs cadence too). HR also dropped but not all the time. Different power meters. No rhyme or reason to when they are dropped...."

moonoi

by moonoi

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:49 am
Just tweeted this to Wahoo

https://twitter.com/N_Squillari/status/ ... 4469272577

anyone else found the same recently?

"@wahoofitness reports of any ANT+ drops on your units since the latest update? Mine and others have noticed it. Dropping power (and obvs cadence too). HR also dropped but not all the time. Different power meters. No rhyme or reason to when they are dropped...."
Yes, found the same after the last update, both for ANT+ and BTLE sensors

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Which update? I can't remember the last time mine updated, but I haven't been experiencing any issues.