Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 am
glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Read on another forum somewhere that wahoo will send you a case back with instructions in this event. For the tt I'd wrap a zip tie around it as a failsafe.
I saw that on some forums, but I think that's in reference to the larger Elemnt. I called Wahoo yesterday and they are exchanging me for a new Bolt, as mine is still under the 1 year warranty. I'm sending it in tomorrow and I've arranged to borrow a mate's Garmin 820 for the next few weeks until the new Bolt gets here. It's weird looking down at the Garmin and god the setup process seemed evn more awful now that I'm fully used to the Wahoo way of life. The worst part is, I had to put the stupid Garmin Connect app, back on my phone.
Actual 1st world problems.

djgarrett21

by djgarrett21

For those interested in Garmins Cycling Dynamics, here is a response I got back from Wahoo when asking if they would consider adding it to the Bolt:

"Thanks for using the Bolt! Our developers are looking into implementing cycling dynamics into the Bolt. We have recently received the beta draft documentation. I have gone ahead attached this ticket to the cycling dynamic feature request in our developer system so they can track (future) user interest. Hopefully this is feature we can see implemented for the Bolt via a future update.

Wahoo!!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

MarkTwain wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 am
glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Read on another forum somewhere that wahoo will send you a case back with instructions in this event. For the tt I'd wrap a zip tie around it as a failsafe.
I saw that on some forums, but I think that's in reference to the larger Elemnt. I called Wahoo yesterday and they are exchanging me for a new Bolt, as mine is still under the 1 year warranty. I'm sending it in tomorrow and I've arranged to borrow a mate's Garmin 820 for the next few weeks until the new Bolt gets here. It's weird looking down at the Garmin and god the setup process seemed evn more awful now that I'm fully used to the Wahoo way of life. The worst part is, I had to put the stupid Garmin Connect app, back on my phone.
Actual 1st world problems.
Hahahaha... isn't this whole site really just 1st world problems?

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

You have an excellent stand in head unit in the face of possibly - shock horror - having to cable tie your other very good one down. Yet here you are, still complaining around needed to then install an app.

Glass half full and all that.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

MarkTwain wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 am
You have an excellent stand in head unit in the face of possibly - shock horror - having to cable tie your other very good one down. Yet here you are, still complaining around needed to then install an app.

Glass half full and all that.
Chill dude... its called sarcasm.

Truth is, I'm totally pumpd that my buddy is letting me borrow his 820 while I send my Bolt out to be replaced. This is the the Bolt thread though and I think most of us here have bought into the Wahoo system because Garmin's menu system is like pulling teeth. I was merely pointing out that after being with the Bolt for nearly a year, it just made the Garmin system seem worse than I even remembered.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

hoping one of you guys can help me while my Bolt is back at Wahoo...

I'm trying to sort out a weird Di2 quirk. I think I've got it figured out, but I can't confirm because I don't have my Wahoo. When I built up my TT bike, I installed the new d-fly sensor and connected the Wahoo to it. I wanted to be able to use the e-tube app on my phone to check the firmware and battery status of the Di2 system, but also wanted the gear info to be transmitted to the Wahoo so that I could get home and see what gearing combinations I was using most for certain Di2 courses. I've been doing that, but for some reason, the data was always saying that I was using a 52-36 crank and 11-28 cassette. I figured it was something in the E-tube app and dug around. I could not find a way to change it, unless I went in and configured the syncro shift option.

This past week, using my friend's 820, it is suddenly logging correctly as a 53-39 crank and 11-23 cassette, which led me t beleive that it was s setting within the computer. Sure enough, I found something in the Garmin sensor setup menu that allowed to me set crank and cassette. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the Wahoo has the same functonaility. I'm guessing it does and that I just missed it when I was setting it up. Thanks in advance guys.

guyc

by guyc

I haven’t seen that setting in the Wahoo app but I’m running Di2 as well with the d-fly and it shows the hearing correctly. I set that Chainset and cassette option within E-TUBE and the Bolt picked it up. That’s not much help I know.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

guyc wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 pm
I haven’t seen that setting in the Wahoo app but I’m running Di2 as well with the d-fly and it shows the hearing correctly. I set that Chainset and cassette option within E-TUBE and the Bolt picked it up. That’s not much help I know.
It is a help, because it gives me more info than I had previously..... How did you set it up in e-tube? Within the phone app? or within the computer app? The only adjustment that I see that allows to choose geaing is if I set up the syncro shift option, which I don't want to do.

guyc

by guyc

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 pm
guyc wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 pm
It is a help, because it gives me more info than I had previously..... How did you set it up in e-tube? Within the phone app? or within the computer app? The only adjustment that I see that allows to choose geaing is if I set up the syncro shift option, which I don't want to do.
Within the phone app, but I did set synchro-shifting on (the partial one) before turning it off again as I didn't like it. So perhaps turn it on, set the cassette options etc, and let the Wahoo pick it up. Then turn it off again and see if it's still there. I know I didn't do anything specific on the Wahoo side and it's still showing on my Bolt even though synchro is now off and has been for weeks.

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

In the Wahoo app, Settings, Set Up Sensors, tap on the Shimano DI2 sensor (assuming it is paired with the Elemnt). Note: I mean tap on the "Shimano DI2", not enable/disable the radio button next to the sensor name . A pop-up will appear with two options: Rename and Gear Ratio Setup. The latter will allow you to configure your chainring and cassette settings.
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

LiquidCooled wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am
In the Wahoo app, Settings, Set Up Sensors, tap on the Shimano DI2 sensor (assuming it is paired with the Elemnt). Note: I mean tap on the "Shimano DI2", not enable/disable the radio button next to the sensor name . A pop-up will appear with two options: Rename and Gear Ratio Setup. The latter will allow you to configure your chainring and cassette settings.
Thanks.... that is similar to how the Garmin one worked, but sounds like it is a little different. I don't think I realized I could click on the "Shimano Di2"

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Is there any chatter or reasonably informed speculation about whether wahoo is going to produce a replacement for the original ELEMNT? The Bolt has been a runaway success and for good reason. Seems like wahoo could take what they’ve learned and apply it. Put a larger screen into a sleek package and it would it have to be any larger externally than its predecessor, and improve the navigation features and wahoo could make further inroads into garmin market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

^^^ I haven't heard any chatter, but Wahoo seems to be pretty good at keeping new releases under wraps until they drop.

tomee

by tomee

ive gone to a dual sided power meter but i cant find the L/R power data field.
All i can see is the LR balance.

Is this missing?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

LiquidCooled wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 am
I got my Bolt back on wednesday night and got it all set up yesterday. Sure enough, tapping on "Di2" opened up a sub menu to set all of the gearing options. Thanks man.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com