Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

damond

by damond

I have just done a 16h ride with my ROAM last week on navigation mode and i finished with still 20% of battery left.

On a daily basis, one charge is enough for my 15-20h weekly trainning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

damond wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm
I have just done a 16h ride with my ROAM last week on navigation mode and i finished with still 20% of battery left.

On a daily basis, one charge is enough for my 15-20h weekly trainning.
Thanks for the info!

Seems like my roam computer has a faulty battery. I will contact Wahoo support and see what they can do.

UPDATE: Wahoo got back to me within 24hrs of submitting a ticket with them. They are replacing my Roam with a faulty battery, pretty good customer service on their end.
Last edited by Vuong05 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Having an odd 1st world pronblem after the latest Bolt update - after connecting the app to the unit at the start of the risde, it switches profile preferences from Metric to Imperial. Every time.

What a PITA !! Apart from that, fine !

Anyone who normally runs Metric have this issue ?

jever98

by jever98

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 pm
Having an odd 1st world pronblem after the latest Bolt update - after connecting the app to the unit at the start of the risde, it switches profile preferences from Metric to Imperial. Every time.

That's so typically Wahoo... introduce a new error with an update. Sigh
----
No longer in the industry

moonoi

by moonoi

jever98 wrote:
MichaelB wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:21 pm

That's so typically Wahoo... introduce a new error with an update. Sigh
Or revert a fix from 3 updates ago...Image

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I just got one earlier this week, really enjoying it

dpmcalli

by dpmcalli

Hi Guys, thinking of upgrading to a ROAM after loving my BOLT.

Can anyone confirm if the BOLT mount is compatable with the ROAM? Im thinking of the Aero mount on the Canyon and wondering if that would need to be replaced or not.

Thanks
David

MichaelB

by MichaelB

The mount type is the same, but the Roam is a fair bit bigger and depending on how the mount sits, may not fit

dpmcalli

by dpmcalli

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am
The mount type is the same, but the Roam is a fair bit bigger and depending on how the mount sits, may not fit
Thanks for the reply Michael.

brentsky

by brentsky

Hi all, I'm on my second BOLT in 14 months; replaced under warranty 1 month ago due to incredibly poor battery life. The original unit used ot get 15-17 hours of life per charge, where after a year of light use (5-8 hours a week) I'd get 7-9 hours of use. Wahoo replaced it instantly, and asked me to destroy the unit, where brand new, the repalcement unit gives me 9-10 hours per charge.

Have I just got 2 duds? Wahoo havnt replied to me in 10 days now, and I'm a little frustrated. Plus im in lockdown in AUS.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

My Bolt is just over 2 years old, and I still get at least 12h of riding on a full battery.
Usually more, if I don't use routes.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hmm, I get about 10 hrs riding per charge, no routes used, 4 or 5 ant+ sensors (depends on bike) Back light off and auto pause active. Been toying going back to Garmin as my son’s 830 has huge battery life. Bolt is about 2 years old I would guess
BB

Coffee & carbon

saldegracia

by saldegracia

I must have had my ELEMNT for 3 years or so and battery life is still fantastic, I've done 300km+ rides with HR and PM connected and routing and still had a few percent to spare when I got home. I also have not had a single failure ever on hundreds of rides. It's ultra-reliable, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

CyclistFromQuebec

by CyclistFromQuebec

Hi guys, just got myself a sweet deal (I think?) where I got a perfectly working 1yo elemnt bolt for 100CAD but the only issue is one of the two tabs is completely broken. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've seen some kits online where you basically glue a new backplate/tabs on top of the older one, effectively raising the stack of the bolt a bit. Although it works I don't really like the idea of it being raised from the mount.

Is it possible to completely remove the old tabs and just glue new tabs on the back (with strong epoxy)? Maybe with tedious hours of sanding? I just don't know if there's any electronics or fragile parts in the part with the tabs that pops out at the back...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

I had a Garmin 800 with the same problem and found replacement tabs that screwed on over the old ones: https://www.dogearsgps.com/

Maybe it works with the bolt, too?
----
No longer in the industry