Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CyclistFromQuebec

by CyclistFromQuebec

@jever98 Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe the stack difference isn't really noticeable in real life. Anybody else fixed their garmin/wahoo with screw-on/glue-on tabs and did it feel weird?

CyclistFromQuebec

by CyclistFromQuebec

Hey guys I know it sounds weird, but I'm looking for a completely dead Bolt (or field destroyed as per Wahoo procedure) that somebody would still have. Hit me up in PM if you still have it, that would be infinitely helpful. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spacelahanaa

by spacelahanaa

dpmcalli wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:16 am
Hi Guys, thinking of upgrading to a ROAM after loving my BOLT.

Can anyone confirm if the BOLT mount is compatable with the ROAM? Im thinking of the Aero mount on the Canyon and wondering if that would need to be replaced or not.

Thanks
David
The ROAM mount is bigger and covers the underside of the ROAM just like the BOLT mount does for BOLT. I have an extra one lying around, PM me if you need one.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Does anyone know what the scale is on the elevation/altitude profile (climbing page)? :?
I'd like to know both distance and height.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

First ride with my Bolt today.
Had it side by side with my old Garmin 530 for comparison.
Bolt started up faster and locked on to the satelites quicker (you want to hope so!)
Both setup to show 3s power. Steady state, both read the same (as you would expect with both being fed data from the same PM)
Bolt ramped up power quicker and dropped off quicker than the Garmin

My only dislike with the Bolt is that to calibrate the PM I have to remember to do so and dive into the menu to do it.
Garmin asks me as soon as I wake the PM if I want to calibrate so I dont forget and it is a little easier and quicker to do so.

Otherwise Im happy with the Bolt and it does exactly what I need it to do

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

AFAIK the auto PM calibrate prompt on the Garmin only works if you connect to the PM via ANT+. When I first got my 830 the auto calibrate prompt didn't work. Later I found out it was connected to my PM via BT not ANT+. After I switched over to ANT+ it started working. Perhaps this is fixed now but I had thought it was weird that it would only work on ANT+.

The satellite lock on my 830 is blazingly fast. I can't imagine it being any faster but I guess the Bolt must have superior GPS receiver and antenna.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Its very hard to comment on satellite lock as when I wheel my bike outside and turn on the computer while I put my shoes on, the bike is well and truly overshadowed by my house which is a lot of concrete and glass which no doubt increases the time it takes to acquire the satellite.
Regardless, I was happy enough with the time it took even my old 530 to acquire signal as it was less than the time it took for me to put my shoes on and close the garage door.
Im not one of these guys that need instant satisfaction :-)

Ringo

by Ringo

I have since it launched. Very practical, connects to everything unlike garmin and small.
I don’t like the idea of having a big cellphone like computer on my bike.
From my experience the basic black and white contrast is the best when you ride outside. Also too much fancy screens distract you.
You can see your stats etc on your phone after the ride.
XXTi
C60

dolophonic

by dolophonic

synchronicity wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:42 am
Does anyone know what the scale is on the elevation/altitude profile (climbing page)? :?
I'd like to know both distance and height.
good question. You can zoom in or out on profile so it would change depending on your level of zoom.
Still not sure the values,

dmp

by dmp

Has anyone had problems with uploads from the Bolt to Strava? For the past week the uploads to Strava is all erroneous data, with ride times of 4-45 seconds, 0 distance, etc. All the correct data, however, uploads to the Elemnt website via the iPhone app. It's as if the Bolt stopped recording in less than the 1st minute of the ride, but I know that is not so because the full ride data is uploaded to toe Wahoo app. Erasing the data in Strava and trying a manual upload doesn't help. A reboot helped, but the problem keeps recurring.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

No problems here.
How do you upload to Strava, direct via wifi?
Maybe a poor wifi signal??

dmp

by dmp

no wifi signal problems. The workout should be uploaded directly to Strava, since I have authorized sharing with Strava on the app (I de-authorized and re-authorized several times). I guess I will contact Wahoo to see if they have any idea what is going on. Thanks.

JakeSiney

by JakeSiney

My rides just get stuck in the Wahoo app saying 'Waiting...'

reknop

by reknop

MichaelB wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:09 am
I'm using the F3 mount and am really happy with it. A bit fiddly to setup, but it's a nice piece of kit. Only think I don't like is too many small bits to lose !

I have my arms as low as they can go so the upper face is almost level with the stem.

Was using a Tilquist mount prior to this, but recently chnaged stems, so couldn't use it anymore.
Wahoo offers the Wahoo Elemnt Puck Quarter-Turn Adapter for Garmin Mount. That gives you a lot more options for rock solid mounts.
I still enjoy my Tilquist mount, but still have two K-Edge mounts here as well.

No matter what, but no cheap plastic mounts anymore.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simbikotic

by simbikotic

I recently got a bolt and today had a strange issue where the ride was saved with the wrong date. (May 1st, instead of May 8th). Has anyone else encountered this? I wondered if it was because I did not pair with my phone before the ride. But it seems crazy that it would need to talk to the phone to retrieve a correct date. It contains a GPS receiver and GPS satellites report just about the most accurate timestamp it's possible to get. Very strange bug.