Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AZR3

by AZR3

Bumping this up as Wahoo has up dated the Bolt’s firmware to fix the Assioma avg power and cadence isssues. I just updated my Bolt and will test it out tomorrow

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en- ... re-Updates

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

I gotta add that going on 2 years now, I've never been happier with a piece of bike electronics. If you don't need to view a map real time ( ie you have turn by turn either from rwgps or using the phone routing) this thing is pretty much the shit.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

I will never go back to Garmin.
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

MichaelB

by MichaelB

kgibbo1868 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 pm
I will never go back to Garmin.
Amen to that. The next bike comp will be the new version of the Bolt. Guaranteed.

robertbb

by robertbb

AZR3 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 pm
Bumping this up as Wahoo has up dated the Bolt’s firmware to fix the Assioma avg power and cadence isssues. I just updated my Bolt and will test it out tomorrow

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en- ... re-Updates
Please do keep us informed. I'm on a Garmin 500 (still)... and use Assioma pedals.

AZR3

by AZR3

Tried out the new firmware for the Bolt and avg power/cadence with the Assioma Duo is all happy now! FINALLY!

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

new color options..... if you like red or yellow :roll:
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

tomee

by tomee

can you program the 9170 top buttons to control the Bolt in anyway?

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

tomee wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:09 am
can you program the 9170 top buttons to control the Bolt in anyway?
Yes, as long as you've got an EW-WU111 wireless unit installed and paired with the Bolt. Button settings can be modified in the Shimano software but the default settings work just fine:
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en- ... EMNT-BOLT-

bilwit

by bilwit

anyone know if there's a way to force this thing to use Bluetooth to pair? My PM only shows up on the head unit & compantion app with ANT+, yet if I use the Stages or Wahoo Utility app it sees it through Bluetooth.. :x

glepore

by glepore

Doesn't appear to be a way. Wahoo claims to prefer ant+ for power meters on their support page. Operating multiple bt devices can be problematic, and the wahoo communicates with the phone via bluetooth.

The app can't read ant+ without a dongle, so it connects via bt.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

bilwit

by bilwit

glepore wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm
Doesn't appear to be a way. Wahoo claims to prefer ant+ for power meters on their support page. Operating multiple bt devices can be problematic, and the wahoo communicates with the phone via bluetooth.

The app can't read ant+ without a dongle, so it connects via bt.
That sucks. ANT+ is terrible indoors on the trainer, always drops which is a nightmare when you're doing intervals and it just stays at the same power forever... Had to switch to power source to the trainer and effectively not use my PM at all except for cadence on the head unit :x

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Just get the Wahoo app and use your phone for training indoors?

bomber

by bomber

bilwit wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm
That sucks. ANT+ is terrible indoors on the trainer, always drops which is a nightmare when you're doing intervals and it just stays at the same power forever... Had to switch to power source to the trainer and effectively not use my PM at all except for cadence on the head unit :x
Spend $10 on a USB extension cord and ANT+ dongle. I've never had a single drop out with that setup.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

bilwit wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

I suspect the problem isn't dropouts so much as the two sources "fighting" over trainer control. I've had this issue with 3rd party aps. Shoot wahoo support a message, they're pretty responsive.