Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

I think a field destroy is Wahoo asking you to destroy your current device in order for them to sent a new one for warranty purposes. You have to proof you've destroyed the device by providing pictures with the serial number visible.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brearley

by brearley

Might be a niche problem here.

Had my element bolt about 2 years now and not had any real issues with it.

The last 2 road races I've done it has frozen at the start, doesn't allow a forced reset or anything and then eventually catches up with any button presses about half an hour later then works fine. Any ideas what this may be?
I've done plenty of circuit races and no issues here but fields are less with around 30 instead of 80

dton13

by dton13

Does anyone charge their new Bolt with USB-C to USB-C cable and charger? I'm having issues getting it to charge to 100% and it appears it might be an issue with how the bolt manages its charging voltage over USB-C. USB-A to USB-C cables with standard 5V chargers appear to work normally. I've seen mixed reports though.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

I have had some issues with USB-A to USB-C as well, a replug did the job every time.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

misteryellow

by misteryellow

Ritsuke wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:34 am
I think a field destroy is Wahoo asking you to destroy your current device in order for them to sent a new one for warranty purposes. You have to proof you've destroyed the device by providing pictures with the serial number visible.
What on earth happened to repairing stuff or am I screaming nonsense here? They should refurbish the unit.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Yea be nice if they were refurbed and passed on to junior racers or something like that.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Last edited by MrCurrieinahurry on Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

misteryellow

by misteryellow

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:21 am
Yea be nice if they were refurbed and past on to junior racers or something like that.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
I sent them an email. They also use magnets in the packaging for the new Bolt, making it very hard to recycle.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have issues with their HRM or speed sensor working properly, with their Roam after the latest update? My HRM is brand new and continues to give very weird readings (e.g. 80 bpm with a max 1 mins effort, and 160 bpm while noodling along at 100 watts) after I updated my Roam about 2 weeks ago (ELEMNT ROAM WR18-13127 - 6 August, 2021)

My speed senor is also dropping out and giving irregular readings after the same update.

Thanks.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Takeswood

by Takeswood

I have not the same issue that you mention, but since this update (WR18-13127 - 6 August, 2021) my avg cadence from Assioma Duo is always at 68/69 rpm (whatever cadence in my ride) on Wahoo only while with strava or intevarls.icu show right cadence (almost 90 rpm). I turn off "0 rpm in avg cadence" but that the same issue.
I don't know what I can do...
Probably the issue comes from this update ? And all we have different issue ?

I have just opened a ticket with my problem. I will tell you if Wahoo give me information about related problems !

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Takeswood wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:11 pm
I have not the same issue that you mention, but since this update (WR18-13127 - 6 August, 2021) my avg cadence from Assioma Duo is always at 68/69 rpm (whatever cadence in my ride) on Wahoo only while with strava or intevarls.icu show right cadence (almost 90 rpm). I turn off "0 rpm in avg cadence" but that the same issue.
I don't know what I can do...
Probably the issue comes from this update ? And all we have different issue ?

I have just opened a ticket with my problem. I will tell you if Wahoo give me information about related problems !
Thanks for the update. I don't have any issues with my Assioma Duo after this update. Just my speed and HRM is out of whack. I will also open a ticket with wahoo about this problem as well.

Cheers.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Lukus

by Lukus

dlcrep wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm
I would try teflon tape before using silicone
Good suggestion.

Did just that and it is a neat fix. Zero rattle

Thanks

tunaseng

by tunaseng

jfranci3

by jfranci3

What's the current state of the V2 GPS signal? Is it unusually bad with (common) overhead tree branches?