2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rondje

by Rondje

Willier wrote:About team jerseys, I was wondering...Why are contracts (well most of them) run til 31. December? Riders race for the team till late October and then they go on vacation. Then we see them in December on pre-season traning camp with their new team, with new bike, but in old team`s kit. This is hiddious.
Wouldn`t be easier and nicer to run a contract till 31.10?

Probably due to old fashion of contracts being a year. I don't know either, its even more odd for cyclocrosser who have to stick to the same rules. There riders sometimes switch teams halfway a season.

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

bilwit wrote:Of course he will do the Giro-Tour double with ease just like he did the Tour-Vuelta this year without any contention. He is literally not from this planet.

What planet is he from?

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

GonaSovereign wrote:
bilwit wrote:Of course he will do the Giro-Tour double with ease just like he did the Tour-Vuelta this year without any contention. He is literally not from this planet.

What planet is he from?

tat-TUE maybe ?

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Willier wrote:About team jerseys, I was wondering...Why are contracts (well most of them) run til 31. December? Riders race for the team till late October and then they go on vacation. Then we see them in December on pre-season traning camp with their new team, with new bike, but in old team`s kit. This is hiddious.

I'm pretty sure it's because of taxes.

Wookski

by Wookski

nemeseri wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's because of taxes.

That doesn’t make sense- a more plausible argument would be aligning expenses (contract payment) with revenue (sponsorship) which would be negotiated on an annual/ cal year basis. This is all boring unsubstantiated speculation though :D

Multebear

by Multebear

Sagan wrongfully disqualified from the Tour:

Having considered the materials submitted in the CAS proceedings, including video footage that was not available at the time when the race jury had disqualified Peter Sagan, the parties agreed that the crash was an unfortunate and unintentional race incident and that the UCI Commissaires made their decision based on their best judgment in the circumstances. On this basis, the parties agreed not to continue with the legal proceedings and to focus on the positive steps that can be taken in the future instead.

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-and ... l-dispute/

maquisard

by maquisard

spdntrxi wrote: tat-TUE maybe ?

:lol: :lol:

micky

by micky

Opinions?
Personally I think it looks decent, not crazy nice but not bad either.

What I find interesting is that Ag2r has been changing a few clothing suppliers so far.
Rosti was sponsoring the U23/Conti team Colpack these past few years but I think they have never been up with a big team in major events.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

It's decent, but very old school. The outgoing jersey was like no other, whereas this one would not stand out in "A Sunday in Hell".

Blue arm warmers would be just right.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

TonyM

by TonyM

Looks ok to me. Although I really don’t like the brown colour...

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

micky wrote:Opinions?
Personally I think it looks decent, not crazy nice but not bad either.

What I find interesting is that Ag2r has been changing a few clothing suppliers so far.
Rosti was sponsoring the U23/Conti team Colpack these past few years but I think they have never been up with a big team in major events.

As long as Rosti have the funds to support I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. Most of the WT team kits are made by only a small handful of manufacturers, no matter what the logo on the kit is. AG2R could well have their kit made in the same factory by the same folks as their 2017 kit was.

micky

by micky

There's no doubt about that.
According to the owner himself, he's taking a big risk on the financial side with this sponsorship.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Looking like that, will they deliver UPS boxes as they ride?

Willier

by Willier

@micky It looks that they change supplier every year
"Smart may have the answers, but stupid have all the interesting questions."

by Weenie

ave

by ave

After trump's announcment I wonder if the Giro start in Jerusalem is really a good idea... I guess it's too early to know.