2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

if im not mistaken, dumoulin already stated that he will try to defend the giro

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

poor wout poels will never get a chance to lead a gt squad

by Weenie

Haydn

by Haydn

IIRC he barely raced before the tour this year. I cant see him winning them both next year but am glad he's giving it a go, looking forward to watching the Giro in particular!

TonyM

by TonyM

Is Froome then going for Giro/TdF/Vuelta ??? That would be awesome!

I suppose however Giro/TdF only.
Ok if he feels that good after the TdF then the Vuelta. In that case that would really be something BIG!

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I remember stories about how Froome was not really trying for the double last year. This all could be the same kind of fakery, I mean PR, to get a reaction out of the media and other teams.

robertbb

by robertbb

I'm so looking forward to seeing Froome in Israel next year :-)
It's ALL about the bike.

RobertBB's CyclePlanner Spreadsheet:
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 8&t=152263

bilwit

by bilwit

Of course he will do the Giro-Tour double with ease just like he did the Tour-Vuelta this year without any contention. He is literally not from this planet.

Antoine

by Antoine

2018 is a good year to try the double, there is one week more for recovery and training as the tour de france starts 6 days later and the giro ends one day later.
Still I'm surprised that they won't give a chance to Poels and/or Thomas to lead the giro.

spud

by spud

Israel throwing a fit over the use of the term Western Jerusalem. Palestinians don't want it there. Not a good start to the idea of bringing the race there, risk/reward out of whack?

peted76

by peted76

Froome Giro & TdF, it'd be some feat if he actually does it, the odds must be stacked so high against him, however I suppose if 'anyone' could do it today, Froome with the full weight of Sky has the best chance at it.
I wonder how this will (or won't) affect Sky's classics season and who targets and supports at which races.. maybe we'll see Froome acting domestique supporting Kwiatkowski at Amstel Gold ?

maquisard

by maquisard

Apologies if someone has already mentioned it, but one more week than usual between the Giro and Tour next year due to Tour delaying it's start next year on account of the football.

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Apologies if someone has already mentioned it, but one more week than usual between the Giro and Tour next year due to Tour delaying it's start next year on account of the football.

What is the football event?

maquisard

by maquisard

Erm, the 2018 FIFA World Cup

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Erm, the 2018 FIFA World Cup

Ha ha not a football/ soccer fan....

But World Cup: yes!

Rondje

by Rondje

peted76 wrote:Froome Giro & TdF, it'd be some feat if he actually does it, the odds must be stacked so high against him, however I suppose if 'anyone' could do it today, Froome with the full weight of Sky has the best chance at it.
I wonder how this will (or won't) affect Sky's classics season and who targets and supports at which races.. maybe we'll see Froome acting domestique supporting Kwiatkowski at Amstel Gold ?

I doubt he'd take the risk on those small Dutch roads. And most Giro contenders skip the Ardenne classics, Dumoulin for example didn't ride the AGR (his home race) because of the Giro.

by Weenie