2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:38 pm

by BdaGhisallo

Wookski wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:Bergen looks like a million dollar bike destination, but the TTT itself - o total waste of time. I get it's been designed for team sponsors but #1 most of them dont give a duck and skip it #2 having like half of the starting list comprised of local teams only dilutes the WC's image and significance.

Agree- TTT is a nothing event. Like Cycling's version of synchronised swimming.


It is such a shame that the UCI chose to upset the tradition of the World Championships being contested by nations and allowed commercial entries with the contrived Trade Team Time Trial. I suppose we can look forward to BMC and Team Sky fighting out the Trade Team Pursuit final at some future point at the UCI World Track Cycling Championships?

Of course they only did it because the W Champs are the UCI's main money maker each year and they wanted to extract more from the event.

by Weenie


jorryt
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 am

by jorryt

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
IchDien wrote:Who does everyone think for the Men's ITT then?


I think Rohan Dennis.... or maybe Primoz? (spelling?)


I think Dumoulin will send it!

wjs
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

by wjs

jorryt wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
IchDien wrote:Who does everyone think for the Men's ITT then?


I think Rohan Dennis.... or maybe Primoz? (spelling?)


I think Dumoulin will send it!

Hamish bond


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

KWalker
Posts: 5885
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Bay Area

by KWalker

Froome for the TT all the way.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wjs
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

by wjs

jorryt wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
IchDien wrote:Who does everyone think for the Men's ITT then?


I think Rohan Dennis.... or maybe Primoz? (spelling?)


I think Dumoulin will send it!

Hamish bond


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

User avatar
Miller
Posts: 1326
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Reading, UK

by Miller

Hamish is making waves in UK domestic time trialling but he won't beat the world tour pros, sorry. I'm seeing Dumoulin taking this one.

The bike change thing is annoying though, I would much prefer it to be disallowed.

Renne
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 pm

by Renne

My money is on Dumoulin or Froome.

jorryt
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 am

by jorryt

Miller wrote:Hamish is making waves in UK domestic time trialling but he won't beat the world tour pros, sorry. I'm seeing Dumoulin taking this one.

The bike change thing is annoying though, I would much prefer it to be disallowed.


I actually like it. It is a bit strategic and if you do it wrong you lose.

But it also makes TT less of a battle to see who is the strongest. Which I'm not fond of either.

User avatar
tymon_tm
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm

by tymon_tm

I'm starting to like this whole TT bike swap idea

CN wrote:The UCI have explained that the bike change must occur in a 20-metre section, on the carpet. Only three people can assist the rider: two mechanics and a coach. The rider can be given a push by the mechanic but this must end when the red carpet ends. A race official will apparently blow a whistle to indicate when the pushing has to stop
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

jorryt wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
IchDien wrote:Who does everyone think for the Men's ITT then?


I think Rohan Dennis.... or maybe Primoz? (spelling?)


I think Dumoulin will send it!
Image
Using Tapatalk

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/lates ... lingweekly

Lauren Dolan finishes World Championships race despite horrendous crash injuries.
Using Tapatalk

spdntrxi
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

Nefarious86 wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/lauren-dolan-finishes-junior-womens-time-trial-despite-crash-injuries-351650?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=cyclingweekly

Lauren Dolan finishes World Championships race despite horrendous crash injuries.


dude !.. horrible open wound. I would have stopped and seek medical attention for sure. I'd want to close that shit up as fast as possible to risk further infection.. etc etc.

Wookski
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 am

by Wookski

spdntrxi wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/lauren-dolan-finishes-junior-womens-time-trial-despite-crash-injuries-351650?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=cyclingweekly

Lauren Dolan finishes World Championships race despite horrendous crash injuries.


dude !.. horrible open wound. I would have stopped and seek medical attention for sure. I'd want to close that shit up as fast as possible to risk further infection.. etc etc.

Agree- no chance of winning and there's nothing tough about it. Adrenalin would have ensured she didn't feel it until later.

dereksmalls
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Location: New Zealand

by dereksmalls

Bike swap? Sheeiiit homie, Stybar should have been entered :lol:

RimClencher
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 am

by RimClencher

I thought the red carpet was a joke but it looks like its not. Will they be stopping to sign autographs as well?

My bet is at least a few soigneurs will trip over the thing.

by Weenie


Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post