2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
ave
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Hungary

by ave

Trentin (and his team) probably won't help Froome in any future races.

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 2155
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Froome and Sky always complained that nobody like them ....Don't know why ?

pastronef
Posts: 1345
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Location: Asti, ITALIA

by pastronef

ave wrote:Trentin (and his team) probably won't help Froome in any future races.


Sky have been controlling the race since stage 3. they put a lot of work, it is a way for Froome to thank his team mates, winning the jersey for the most consistent rider and thank his team.
remember it´s not a sprinter´s jersey, is a consistency jersey
Sagan won the green at the Tour in 2015 with ZERO stage wins, while Greipel won 4 stages

bilwit
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Location: Seattle, WA

by bilwit

He should just do the Giro-Tour-Vuelta triple already. He's already proven that he's, at the very least, as strong as the best dopers of all time (none of the best dopers were able to do the Tour-Vuelta double, only 15s off the pace on Armstrong's time up Ax 3 Domaines, etc).

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

The best doper of them all never tried. The second best never really had a chance because there was no such thing as the Tour - Vuelta double on the race calendar in the early 90's.
Last edited by wingguy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maquisard
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

Who was the best doper of them all? I think he's probably been usurped in his own territory...
Last edited by maquisard on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

Lance. Obvs.

(If you manage to start an argument over that I'll be incredibly impressed! :wink: )

maquisard
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

Why obviously?

Armstrong by all accounts did not dope to excess, not more than any other athlete, he just had a physiology that was responsive to O2 vector doping. The physiology of O2 vector doping is slightly more complicated that you make it out to be. Armstrong had an efficient physiology that was limited by his VO2max, which was excellent but not exceptional. This gave him scope to improve with O2 vector doping. Contrast with the likes of Lemond who had truly exceptional O2 delivery, but were limited by their efficiency. Blood vector doping wouldn't have improved his performance as much. Pantani was similar to Armstrong, although he, like Riis for that matter, really pushed the limits of EPO use, there is no evidence that Armstrong did.

Go back to being Sky's biggest fan! :thumbup:

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

maquisard wrote:Armstrong by all accounts did not dope to excess,

No shit, if he doped to excess he wouldn't be the best, would he? That's why we have the word 'excess'.

Congratulations, you have truly outdone yourself :lol:

maquisard
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

But you still haven't corrected your statement that he was the best doper of all?

He wasn't, he had one of the most responsive physiologies to O2 vector doping.

Keep up, all that Sky TV makes you stupid!

#BritsDon'tDope

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

maquisard wrote:But you still haven't corrected your statement that he was the best doper of all?

No, because I disagree with you. I'm sorry, was that not obvious?

And why would I correct it? You appear to be arguing that because Lance was able to gain the biggest benefits from doping and was able to do it with sensible (paraphrasing) quantities of drugs that he wasn't the best doper. In which case I'm not sure what your criteria for best actually are? If it's not the best performance gain and it's not the seven Yellow jerseys hanging on the wall then what is it? Are you so simplistic as to think that the person who took the most dope is the best doper?

(I don't have a Sky subscription, by the way. Do you?)

maquisard
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I thought you British chaps had a stiff upper lip :thumbup:

I'll go back to being simplistic...

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:Froome and Sky always complained that nobody like them ....Don't know why ?

It's odd though isn't it Tony - you complained when Sky didn't race on the Champs Elysees and you complained when they did race in Madrid. Is there any reason why? :noidea:

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 2228
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

He was the best doper not because of the physiological effects of the doping but for the wins and incredibly systematic nature of it all. By all means keep measuring your dick to try and prove its bigger than someone elses but you're missing the point.
Using Tapatalk

wingguy
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm

by wingguy

maquisard wrote:Sorry I hurt your feelings,

I believe that's called projection.
Rather explains why you're running away instead of answering the points, doesn't it old chap? :beerchug:

Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post