2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Renne

by Renne

micky wrote:
Renne wrote:Ben Hermans in negotiations with Israel Cycling Team?
Rumors say Quintana wants to leave Movistar and they would let him go for €6m. Both Trek and Astana want him but don't want to pay the €6m. Aru apparently said no to Trek's offer and is set to sign with UAE Emirates. Landa would be replacing Quintana at Movistar.

I guess your source is Gazzetta which actually is saying Quintana asking 6m to Astana but they are trying to get a discount also because he's still under contract with Movistar until 2019 which means there's a clausole to pay.
Aru asked 5m to Trek but apparently they refused and now his second option would be UAE of Saronni.

Got the info from a different source but sounds very similar. If Quintana is asking €6m but a team still has to pay Movistar as well then I wish him the best of luck because he will have to find a team with very deep pockets...
I wonder why Aru refused Trek-Segafredo's €5m offer. Italian feel to the team, maybe he feels they don't have a strong enough team to support him in the mountains. Although I don't know if UAE is any better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Renne wrote:
micky wrote:
Got the info from a different source but sounds very similar. If Quintana is asking €6m but a team still has to pay Movistar as well then I wish him the best of luck because he will have to find a team with very deep pockets...
I wonder why Aru refused Trek-Segafredo's €5m offer. Italian feel to the team, maybe he feels they don't have a strong enough team to support him in the mountains. Although I don't know if UAE is any better.

UAE has more money... no?

Rondje

by Rondje

bilwit wrote:I wonder if Barguil will go for GC at the Vuelta.. would be interesting since he's leaving Sunweb

Kelderman is set up to go for the GC rider at Sunweb, was already planned from the start of the season.

wingguy

by wingguy

Remind you of anything? This time... no penalty. :unbelievable:

maquisard

by maquisard

Impossible to draw any conclusion from that photo

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Anyone attempt to watch the Colorado Classic yesterday... it seems the biggest problem with a bike race in Colorado is attempting to broadcast it with the weather. Most of what I remember of the US Pro Challenge was a camera pointed at a mounting in clouds and the commentator saying, "The racers are in the storm, sorry we can't broadcast any pictures." It was more of that yesterday.

53x12

by 53x12

maquisard wrote:Impossible to draw any conclusion from that photo

Until someone uploads a high quality video of the Tour de l’Ain stage, the photos is the best we have.

Looking at both pictures #1 and #2, you can see that Bouhanni went from riding very close to the white line in the middle of the road in picture #1, to then deviating to his right and towards Anthony Maldonado and the barriers by a good 1.5 meters or so. That much is clear. Judging by the distance to finish line signs, this happened within a 50-60 meter span. Not sure how this can't be grounds for relegation and penalty for deviating from his line and impeding Maldonado. There was no reason for Bouhanni to deviate towards Maldonado and the barrier when the whole road was wide open to them and no one was around them.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

spud

by spud

patently obvious that Bouhani was moving him across the road, no extenuating circumstances at all. What I don't quite get is why there is contact while the other rider has at least 3 feet to the barriers, unless Bouhani's move so sharp there was no avoiding it.

Bottom line is that Bouhani is a prick.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

53x12 wrote:
djcharlou wrote:Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

Yup. Yves Lampaert just ran out of gas at the end.

Great Teuns double.

was trying to figure this out, and maybe my googling wasn't up to par , but are they brothers? or just similar last names?

Renne

by Renne

Similar sounding names, one is Theuns, the other Teuns.

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Yes I realise after my post, not exactly the same name

53x12

by 53x12

nathanong87 wrote:
53x12 wrote:
djcharlou wrote:Theuns double today ! Edward at BinckBank and Dylan at ArcticRace

More on Dylan, who can stop this guy, on fire after Wallonie and Poland !

Yup. Yves Lampaert just ran out of gas at the end.

Great Teuns double.

was trying to figure this out, and maybe my googling wasn't up to par , but are they brothers? or just similar last names?

Now that you mentioned it, it looks like it is Edward Theuns and Dylan Teuns. At first I thought that there was a misspelling in the one of their last names. But I guess I was wrong.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

micky

by micky

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Renne wrote:
micky wrote:

UAE has more money... no?

According to the news they are increasing their budget for next year (30 millions? dont know for how many years).
Probably sponsors not very satisfied with the lack of results.

53x12

by 53x12

Funny watching the last 7km of today's BinckBank Tour Stage 5. Sagan was marked the whole way. Happy Lars Boom was able to time his attack perfectly.

https://youtu.be/ixOMgFIsMro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

micky wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:UAE has more money... no?

According to the news they are increasing their budget for next year (30 millions? dont know for how many years).
Probably sponsors not very satisfied with the lack of results.

This year's UAE deal was a last minute shoestring bailout after the Chinese TJ Sport backing fell through. The deal for next year was always going to be either a much increased long-term commitment or nothing, IMO. Sounds like they're prepared to spend big on riders now anyway. Signing for them now could be like signing for Sky after their rubbish 2010 debut season :wink: