2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Wookski

by Wookski

Nefarious86 wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
petepeterson wrote:I'm not there yet for 1x and discs for racing. Looks gross. I must be getting old.

same here. and how on earth will they get their cadence right? I can hardly cope without a 16t cog in a 11-28 cassette, can't imagine riding with just 11 gears.. and I don't race for living.

IMHO it's just a clumsy marketing stunt. it's like claiming your life would be more comfy if you replaced your sofa with a kitchen chair
Never understood how people can be so sensitive to 5rpm...

the struggle is real

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

5rpm is massive dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Sent a PM to Wingguy and Bilwit asking them to give the forum some rest.

Personally I find myself less and less attracted to this thread as there is bickering going on in it. Also, I'm going to clean it up a little.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

micky

by micky

Rondje wrote:
LeDuke wrote:Who do people have for the women's and men's RR?

My money is on Coryn Rivera and EBH. If Rivera gets over the last climb within spitting distance of the leaders, well, good luck to them.

Matthews or Gilbert and VD Breggen. After seeing the u23 it's hard to predict the race. Will a small group keep up? In that case I guess on Gilbert and VD Breggen at the women's. But if it stays together for a sprint I'd say Matthews and Vos. With by far the strongest team I expect the Dutch to make the race hard enough for Rivera to get dropped (like Halverdson today) If she doesn't get dropped I can't see anyone beating her.

If in the U23 event it was basically a group of 30 men (the first 2 were pro and one even rode Vuelta...), I would expect tomorrow pro event to have even more people for a smallish bunch sprint.
From the last kick to the finish is way too long for a solo move.

jorryt

by jorryt

U19 men is on now. As nervous as the first day of the TDF. Crashes everywhere but it's normal for the juniores.

Hoole will win by the way. Or Pidcock but he already has his fair share of medals ;)

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Wookski wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
petepeterson wrote:I'm not there yet for 1x and discs for racing. Looks gross. I must be getting old.

same here. and how on earth will they get their cadence right? I can hardly cope without a 16t cog in a 11-28 cassette, can't imagine riding with just 11 gears.. and I don't race for living.

IMHO it's just a clumsy marketing stunt. it's like claiming your life would be more comfy if you replaced your sofa with a kitchen chair
Never understood how people can be so sensitive to 5rpm...

the struggle is real

a bit more than 5 rpm, and yes it's as real as it gets. BTW, I know dudes who claim they feel a 2mm difference in any dimension regarding their bike fit, so there's that :wink:

again, why would anyone sacrifice a perfectly working equipment (it's not 1999 anymore, FDs do work flawlessly) for - what - some minor weight gain? bikes are already crazy light. simplicity? like FDs broke all the time and chains got tossed between chainrings. ease of usage? how hard is it to master changing gears :lol: come on, it stinks with marketing and you know it. as far as there might be special circumstances where 1x11 works just fine, I just can't see it working on a daily basis. and you don't need Angliru to figure that one out.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

AJS914

by AJS914

I have two bikes with 1X (mtb and gravel) and I don't get it. I wish they both had 2x11. They came with 1X but it's pretty expensive to upgrade them so I just stick with the 1X.

Rondje

by Rondje

Great teamplay but the Dutch team! 3 out of 4 gold medals for The Netherlands at the professionals. :D
From all the races I've seen so far none ended up in a bunch sprint, two came close tho. Makes me wonder if tomorrow will end up in a small bunch sprint or if it's a loner who is taking the win. Increases the chances of big engines like Dumoulin, Wellens and Moscon?

Multebear

by Multebear

Winner of the junior men road race. Soloed off the front with 16 km left. Julius Johansen from Denmark.

jorryt

by jorryt

He is so big already! The main question is much can he still grow?

Geoff

by Geoff

How 'bout that Blakki! Massive heart. Never give-up, never surrender!

Haydn

by Haydn

Exciting finish, pretty happy with that result!

TonyM

by TonyM

Such a great victory from Peter Sagan ! :thumbup:
I feel sorry for Kristoff (like Sagan said).
And nice from Sagan to dedicate his victory first to Scarponi ! :thumbup: !

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The way Moscon dropped the others in pursuit of Alaphilippe was mighty impressive and I really thought those two would stay in front until the finish, but I guess, eventually there were too many people who wanted to be the first... and anyway Sagan won :D Btw, his bike throw again was the difference, I think.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Multebear

by Multebear

What a legend he is. Winning while still coming back from illness. I hope he will mix his clothes design up this time with some rainbow striped bib shorts ;-)