2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

renoracing

by renoracing

I just struggle with Moscon's blatant disregard or acknowledgment of his poor decisions. I'm sure getting a little tow from a car to get back into the group isn't all that uncommon, but don't hitch a ride for a bit and then immediately go on the attack off the front of the group you just got towed to...
He seems to lack any moral compass, so it's easy to take someone else's word against his. And that's his own fault based on prior actions...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Not trying to protect Moscon cause he's a weak spot right now, but a team, especially WT team supposed to be always along the rules, shouldn't send out an accusation on a social media.
It's a poor man act.

Rondje

by Rondje

micky wrote:Not trying to protect Moscon cause he's a weak spot right now, but a team, especially WT team supposed to be always along the rules, shouldn't send out an accusation on a social media.
It's a poor man act.

Hmm, it seems to be the way to do it these days. Look at the FDJ riders hanging on a car, Moscon hanging on a car. Twitter is the new "official way" apparently. Probably a bad example, but even countries get governed on Twitter these days (Trump).

About Moscon, he seems to lack a moral line. It's a great rider but really need to work on his personal issues. What makes it worse is that this was the first race Reichenbach and Moscon rode together after Reichenbach tweeted (without calling Moscon by name) that racism incident that got Moscon suspended. If this push was pay back then they can't punish him hard enough, a few months ban in the winter doesn't hurt anyone. Let him miss the classics.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Moscon needs to sign with Quick Step :smartass: if there's anyone capable of taming him, I'd say it's Lefevere. plus he can steer his potential in the right way.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Of course not having seen the Moscon incident who knows, but I agree with Mickey its a worrying precedent, teams calling each other out on twitter. Still, gives the anti Sky brigade something to keep themselves occupied in the close season so its not all bad.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I'm just pumped for Lombardia. One of my favorite races of the year. Great way to close out the season.

AJS914

by AJS914

Velonews reporting that Talansky will switch to triathlon:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/news/an ... lon_449749

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

AJS914 wrote:Velonews reporting that Talansky will switch to triathlon:

Rip

Antoine

by Antoine

Leviathan wrote:Of course not having seen the Moscon incident who knows, but I agree with Mickey its a worrying precedent, teams calling each other out on twitter. Still, gives the anti Sky brigade something to keep themselves occupied in the close season so its not all bad.

I don't see what it has to do with Sky, it's only Moscon who is involved.
What's wrong with using twitter in an important matter like that ? That's the best way to get attention.

That's always the same riders (Cavendish, Sagan, Bouhanni, Moscon) who are causing crashes or behave badly. Why not make them stop ?
For example after Cavendish made a wrong move Viviani crashed and could have lost his gold medal in the track .

Wookski

by Wookski

Antoine wrote:
Leviathan wrote:Of course not having seen the Moscon incident who knows, but I agree with Mickey its a worrying precedent, teams calling each other out on twitter. Still, gives the anti Sky brigade something to keep themselves occupied in the close season so its not all bad.

I don't see what it has to do with Sky, it's only Moscon who is involved.
What's wrong with using twitter in an important matter like that ? That's the best way to get attention.

That's always the same riders (Cavendish, Sagan, Bouhanni, Moscon) who are causing crashes or behave badly. Why not make them stop ?
For example after Cavendish made a wrong move Viviani crashed and could have lost his gold medal in the track .

Wrong, twitter in this instance is only about presenting a position and influencing the authorities/ media/ public. Moscon's track record has ensured that he is "guilty until proven innocent" in the court of public opinion. Reichenbach may have crashed due to his error, or he may have been pushed- without video footage we'll never really know. In this case the facts don't actually matter- Moscon's reputation plus FDJ engaging the Police is enough to convince the public he is guilty. If this continues it will be career limiting for Moscon.

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Liked this shot of Gaudu at Milano-Torino trying to do a poker face when Uran looks back.

Rondje

by Rondje

Wookski wrote:Wrong, twitter in this instance is only about presenting a position and influencing the authorities/ media/ public. Moscon's track record has ensured that he is "guilty until proven innocent" in the court of public opinion. Reichenbach may have crashed due to his error, or he may have been pushed- without video footage we'll never really know. In this case the facts don't actually matter- Moscon's reputation plus FDJ engaging the Police is enough to convince the public he is guilty. If this continues it will be career limiting for Moscon.

I disagree about we never really know. Reichenbach claims to have eye witnesses who are willing to testify, in that case we will really know what happened. Unless you think everyone lies to punish Moscon.

About the guilty until proven innocent, thats what the sports world always has been. People like to praise athletes just as fast as they want to bring them down. And that Moscon has a reputation that works against him is by his own wrong doing. He done a lot of things in just 1 season and seems to be a hard learner.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Jhomewood wrote:
AJS914 wrote:Velonews reporting that Talansky will switch to triathlon:

Rip

themidge

by themidge

RimClencher wrote:Liked this shot of Gaudu at Milano-Torino trying to do a poker face when Uran looks back.

This is me on every group ride :mrgreen:

Willier

by Willier

Direct energy will use wilier bikes from 2018

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com