2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

ave

by ave

The line which tells the story. :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZcHK59lR3r

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

moscon DQ'd from worlds for extended tow from his team car.....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/moscon- ... ace-video/

by Weenie

KWalker

by KWalker

they're going to need a very climber friendly course to deter from winning a few more.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

LeDuke

by LeDuke

KWalker wrote:they're going to need a very climber friendly course to deter from winning a few more.

Maybe Peter will race MTB worlds next year instead. :)

Kjetil

by Kjetil

^The climb to Fløyen for the RR? No other way down but with the funicular. That would of course have made for a different race. :thumbup:
The steeper climb of Birkelundsbakken used for the TTT and all ITTs except ME was considered for the RR, but according to what I've understood they chose Landåslien/Salmon Hill to get a course that would suit EBH and/or Kristoff.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

mrlobber

by mrlobber

^^^ Well, they almost succeeded if not for the Sagan factor.

Snabb

by Snabb

Kjetil wrote:
Snabb wrote:The course was meh, thought it would be more selective.
Sanremo-esque, i'd say. Anyway: Innsbruck might be more to your taste. Maybe there will be fewer Norwegian flags along the route too. Maybe.

Bit like San Remo but could have been a few kms shorter from the top of the hill. Every route has it`s charm though.
I like routes made for puncheurs. So Innsbruck looks good.
Ride lots!

spud

by spud

Matthews complaining about the moves he shouldn't have followed on the hill etc - not the answer. he simply didn't have the strength to sprint against Sagan and Kristoff. Of course, it doesn't help that Matthews gave away Sagan's wheel to follow a surge up the left side. You get to the end of a long race, don't give up Sagan's wheel - he's proven time and again that he's very good at navigating the scrum, and he's got the speed. The most reliable sprinter on the planet, if not always the fastest.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

As predicted last February:

antonioiglesius wrote:Peter can't pull off the 'gritty-bearded' look, he smiles too much. Also yeah funny interview.

UpFromOne wrote:He'll shave, but only when he needs a marginal aero gain for the big race.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

where are the matthews comments?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

spud wrote:Matthews complaining about the moves he shouldn't have followed on the hill etc - not the answer. he simply didn't have the strength to sprint against Sagan and Kristoff. Of course, it doesn't help that Matthews gave away Sagan's wheel to follow a surge up the left side. You get to the end of a long race, don't give up Sagan's wheel - he's proven time and again that he's very good at navigating the scrum, and he's got the speed. The most reliable sprinter on the planet, if not always the fastest.

I don't know if I agree with you.. I think its fine to say what he said, he's looking back on the race trying to figure out what made the difference, what he could've done differently to have a better result. That is how racers get better. He's basically saying, he burned matches, chasing moves that ended up getting pulled back anyway and if you listen to Sagan's comments, he basically said, with 5K to go, I thought my race was over, that it had gone up the road. Sagan didn't chase those moves, but somehow the race ended up coming back together (not really sure how as coverage is spotty at best). I do agree though, that Matthews should have stayed on Sagan's wheel.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

erty65

by erty65

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Sagan didn't chase those moves, but somehow the race ended up coming back together (not really sure how as coverage is spotty at best)
Pretty obvious?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Matthews' best move of the day was pounding his bars.

Wookski

by Wookski

UpFromOne wrote:Matthews' best move of the day was pounding his bars.

he's such a little bogan!

by Weenie

DuncanS

by DuncanS

It's pretty unusual to see third place looking so dejected on the podium. Usually that's second place's job. Third place's job is to just be happy to be there.
Perhaps those rules don't apply to genuine WC contenders.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk