best bike for post apocalypse

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

thp

by thp

Discs, because they are sharp... and add things that can shoot flames.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Fat tires on that ice cream bike would be ideal. Fill the compartment with nothing but Twinkies (a la Woody Harrelson). You don't want to stack anything too perishable. Zombies hate Twinkies, gives them hives..but Twinkies are good for cyclists because its full of carbs and sugar...and as mentioned earlier, they have poor mobility so decending down a hill on a trike can't be that hard...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bungis

by bungis

+1 on fixed.

The rube goldberg contraption that is the rear derailleur won't be doing you any favors.

Also quicker and more efficient.

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

Ti road bike that can take fat tires and disc brakes. Do it all. http://www.valencebicycles.com/

Marin

by Marin

Asteroid wrote:Lovely bike and named perfectly for the apocalypse.
Pretty unique low gear there at, what, 42x42? :shock:

Yes, I ride quite a bit of gravel roads, and some of these can be quite steep. Above 15% the 1:1 ratio comes in handy when you're on a longer ride, and above 20% - which I saw on the ride where I took this picture - the low gearing becomes a necessity since you can't get out of the saddle anymore on the looser surfaces.

On the other side, 42:10 as the longest gear is still plenty fast, and the gear jumps aren't really that bad with 11 speeds.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

It was a decisive win, Vagabond.
But this is WW, not the online comments section of HuffPost.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Stolichnaya wrote:It was a decisive win, Vagabond.
But this is WW, not the online comments section of HuffPost.

I'm infering from your user info that you're not from an English as a first language nation. So I understand that you don't quite grasp the subtleties between decisive and divisive. His election victory was neither decisive or a mandate of any kind. But it is a huge embarrassment to the well educated and decent people in my country such as myself. Stay out of what you don't know.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Antoine

by Antoine

Don't feel embarrassed, we (not from an english speaking nation) just don't care.

And apocalypse beeing not far away in France (thanks to the well educated undecent politicians we have had for years) people don't necessary see Trump's election as a bad thing.
At least the uneducated ones, will the same politicians (helped by the media and the educated and subtle people) be able to make them change their minds and give them another chance ?

joec

by joec

Asteroid

by Asteroid

I bet that bike really cuts thru the wind.
Oldbie

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Looks more like it breaks wind.

Should be in the "Freaks" thread.

Rick

by Rick

Vagabond wrote: But it is a huge embarrassment to the well educated and decent people in my country such as myself. Stay out of what you don't know.

Uhh...I am pretty well educated, And I "know" that many American pseudo-intellectuals have a huge case of butthurt.

:)

But this is not the place to be be bringing these things up. :)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I am 'born and raised' an American. I live abroad and speak three languages. I think I am pretty politically savvy, well educated and was raised in an era when American civics was still taught. I also understand the Electoral College and the impact of overseas citizen voters. But this is still not a discussion for WW pages.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

joec wrote:Image
I think this could be used in an updated version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Bicycle chainsaw dueling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lxsbike

by lxsbike

Haibike Q.XC 7.20 27.5" 30-G XT

beim LXS-BIKE findest du alles was dein radfahrerherz Begehrt