Iv'e created a universal wireless shifter - all feedback appreciated

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calvaroz
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 am

by Calvaroz

I've went through the YouTube channel but I still can figure how the dual shifter is used on a road bike with drop bars
Do you have two devices or one?
Is the remote glued to the brake/shifter?

Is there a way to tuck the apparatus inside the seattube/downtube like the di2/eps batteries?
I can see the advantage for an aero road to have a clean frontal area but not so for saving weight.

Could you please make an installation video on a road bike( with the FD RD)?

by Weenie


bungis
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:59 pm

by bungis

Could power meter based automatic shifting be feasible as a future option or user software hack? Assuming the power meter speaks BLE.

ooo
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm

by ooo

1)
i'd like to see integrated shifter into Tektro road brake levers
gevenalle is making shifters using partnership with tektro and microshift, so it's possible to have a deal
2)
you can sell chip from shifter button, so other partners can make different shifters
this way - you don't need to do patent research, others will do all the work and take all risks (sram said patents on e-shifting are hard to follow)
3)
if you plan to have auto shifting activated on cadence/power/other meter - it may be necessary to have wired interface for faster activation
'

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

I'm interested in fitting this to my latest build - but don't like the idea of cable ties for the eLink Pro unit on the down tube. Do the mounting brackets eliminate the need for cable ties?

Anyone got any photos of a neat installation on a 2x system with the eLink Pro single unit controlling both FD and RD?

Thanks

A

User avatar
Miller
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Reading, UK

by Miller

alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm
I'm interested in fitting this to my latest build
You have noticed this thread is two years old, right?

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

Miller wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:53 pm
alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm
I'm interested in fitting this to my latest build
You have noticed this thread is two years old, right?
I have and I've looked around on FB and other sites but not been able to find any good photos of the latest installations. Thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread.

A

User avatar
ms6073
Posts: 2551
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

by ms6073

alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm
I've looked around on FB and other sites but not been able to find any good photos of the latest installations.
I guess you did not think to ask yourself why that might be and why this thread is nearly 2-years since the last response?
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

Well they were mini reviewed in March...

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/ ... uno-51940/

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk


moonoi
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Location: Earth

by moonoi

alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 pm
Well they were mini reviewed in March...

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/ ... uno-51940/

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
Did you have a look at Klaster_1's thread? https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=151899

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

moonoi wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 am
alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 pm
Well they were mini reviewed in March...

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/ ... uno-51940/

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
Did you have a look at Klaster_1's thread? https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=151899
Thanks for pointing this out - good to know they are 'real' and in the wild... My question on neat mounting seems to be one of the challenges with them.

A

User avatar
Klaster_1
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 am
Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia

by Klaster_1

alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm
Anyone got any photos of a neat installation on a 2x system with the eLink Pro single unit controlling both FD and RD?
2x elinks are not available yet, but @Paul says "they will be soon". You can check out my M06 thread for feedback about 1x setup. The kit includes a bottle cage mounting bracket, so no zip ties, but you lose a mount unless your frame has one beneath the downtube. Zip ties might indeed spoil the look of a fancy paintjob, good thing both of my frames are plain black :mrgreen:

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

Klaster_1 wrote:
alistaird wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm
Anyone got any photos of a neat installation on a 2x system with the eLink Pro single unit controlling both FD and RD?
2x elinks are not available yet, but @Paul says "they will be soon". You can check out my M06 thread for feedback about 1x setup. The kit includes a bottle cage mounting bracket, so no zip ties, but you lose a mount unless your frame has one beneath the downtube. Zip ties might indeed spoil the look of a fancy paintjob, good thing both of my frames are plain black :mrgreen:
Thanks for the feedback. I did read your thread which is informative.

Do you know whether the bottle cage mount will allow fitment under the down tube?

A

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Klaster_1
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 am
Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia

by Klaster_1

alistaird wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:05 am
Do you know whether the bottle cage mount will allow fitment under the down tube?
When I get home I'll make a photo of bottle mount bracket, that will probably answer you question, which I'm not following completely.

Update: see photos here.

User avatar
alistaird
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

Klaster_1 wrote:
alistaird wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:05 am
Do you know whether the bottle cage mount will allow fitment under the down tube?
When I get home I'll make a photo of bottle mount bracket, that will probably answer you question, which I'm not following completely.

Update: see photos here.
So unless I've bosses on the underside of the down tube I'll need zip ties to mount a double xshifter on a road bike when they eventually get released? Both cables need to run under the BB..

This mount looks like it would work on the seat tube for a mtb FD?

A

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post