Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

kgt wrote:
RTW wrote:What about ASSOS?

https://www.assos.com/en_m/assos-road-c ... ersey-evo7

Mille jersey, relaxed fit, high quality. All black version available. £85 in the UK, with ASSOS backup.

I am an Assos fan but £85 for this jersey is too much ΙΜΟ. You can find much better stuff in terms of fabrics, technology and fit for less.

Some might say the same about a Colnago or a Time, but each to their own! :D :wink:

It is a good cut and well constucted. The pockets are a different material, making them more robust, and with a single zip pocket, a proper full length zip with a hanger you can actually grab and use easily. Personally I think that is a great jersey, using descent fabrics and good at that price.

Actually I have just looked at your Colnago, and I think I am in love!

kgt

by kgt

I have Assos clothes and I love them. I see the specific jersey in technical terms and it is nothing special for its price. I would pay £50 max. for it. Sorry, that's MHO.

Now you are free to open a new thread discussing how Colnago and Time frames are technologically retarded.
lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

davidw wrote:I'll back Brandt-Sorenson. It's easy to hate on em cause of all the doping stuff but all that aside, man do they make some good kit. Good design, performance fabrics, and a bespoke fit. If you can get past the lead time, the price is pretty on par with that of the Assos or Rapha types.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Eh, honestly from wearing and seeing a bunch of it its pretty average in the game of high end bike gear. Nice, but nothing that special.Plus you get to look like an absolute jerk off supporting that tool (shoot hope he doesnt sue me now)

MichaelB

by MichaelB

MattSoutherden wrote:
MichaelB wrote:I love their Mondrian design

:offtopic: :offtopic:

Not sure this one falls into the "Subtle Jersey" theme of this thread. :hmm:

Well designed yes, subtle, No. :oops:

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Thanks to everyone that recommended La Passione, I grabbed a couple jerseys and they fit perfectly. XS for 5'9" 140lbs 32" chest (175cm, 63kg, 81cm). Quite happy with the quality too, but I'm not too picky about that since I've been wearing meh club kits for most of my riding days.

Rondje

by Rondje

Brian Holm started his own clothing brand, Twelve Sixteen: https://twelvesixteen.cc
Sadly the same expensive prices as the other brands.

Anders3404

by Anders3404

He also has La Flamme Rouge http://laflammerouge.dk/da/?gaaTil=shop

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

sfo423

by sfo423

@ ~$100 per garment, I would not consider that expensive. I have no idea of his quality, but a quality jersey or bib for $100 is cheap.

Rondje wrote:Brian Holm started his own clothing brand, Twelve Sixteen: https://twelvesixteen.cc
Sadly the same expensive prices as the other brands.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Picked up a Q36.5 jersey in Italy last week. The black one with an orange full zip, 30% off is hard to refuse. Rode it on an epic ride and can report that it is simply amazing. It weighs next to nothing and it managed a wide range of temps from high descents in the low teens (centigrade) to low 30's in the valleys. Did not even bring arm warmers or a vest for a 6 hour slog in the mountains. I'll be picking up more of these.

robertbb

by robertbb

I'm a textiles geek, have been for years. Things to go for:

1) Raglan sleeves. This is rare because it's More difficult to construct (and fabric utilisation isn't as high), but will fit better in the cycling position. There will be fewer seams.
2) Flatlock seams. This will ensure the garment lies flattest on you, and does not chafe.
3) UPF factor. With all the lightweight and mesh jerseys on the market and cancers on the rise, it's important to remember that you have to protect your skin. Anything that either does not publish the UPF/SPF factor, or is published below 30+... avoid.

With that said, my go-to is the Pearl Izumi Elite/Pro *Pursuit* jersey. Can be had in some nice, plain block colouring. The ColdBlack really works in cooling body temperature.

While we're at it, the Minerale base layer fabric (which is a re-branded "37.5" yarn) is the best in the business. Also Pear Izumi.

And no, I don't work for or have shares in them. Their winter kit is rubbish... for that, Castelli Alpha Jersey FZ... can. not. be. beat.

Roel W

by Roel W

I'm about pulling the trigger for a Atout jersey:
Atout Runaway:

Atout Interzone:

Does anyone has ordered from Atout before?
How's the quality of this jerseys?
I can't find any reviews on the web.

kgt

by kgt

That is not what I would call a technical jersey...

micky

by micky

As Marcisnky (sorry for mispelling!) won the stage in the Vuelta the other day, one my friend bught one of his jersey.

nonamed

by nonamed

Roel W wrote:I'm about pulling the trigger for a Atout jersey:
Atout Runaway:

Atout Interzone:

Does anyone has ordered from Atout before?
How's the quality of this jerseys?
I can't find any reviews on the web.

Polish brand. Atout clothes are made by Raso manufacturer (Check their shirts and bibs). I have Atout bibshorts and they are 'fine' Though You cant compare the quality with Castelli or Assos

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

nonamed wrote:Polish brand. Atout clothes are made by Raso manufacturer (Check their shirts and bibs). I have Atout bibshorts and they are 'fine' Though You cant compare the quality with Castelli or Assos

Thank you. How does it compare to La Passione?