Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nonamed

by nonamed

Roel W wrote:
nonamed wrote:Polish brand. Atout clothes are made by Raso manufacturer (Check their shirts and bibs). I have Atout bibshorts and they are 'fine' Though You cant compare the quality with Castelli or Assos

Thank you. How does it compare to La Passione?

No idea. Do not know La Passione clothes.

C36

by C36

jever98 wrote:Virklon. Aero jersey in color combinations of your choice €63. They are an originator company (ie. make their own cuts and produce in house in Spain). Plus they are very nice. Ordered a number of times and they rock.

Edit: http://www.virklon.com/products/cycling ... nfigurador

Thanks a lot for the share! The price is very low considering the flexibility in the colour design. Finally options to move away from all the dark colours brands offer (not mentioning the pro-type design that make you look a Christmas tree.
Will definitively order from them

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MAsshole

by MAsshole

Big fan of Velocio

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

i like the santini giro 2017 collection. the cima coppi has nice colorways. and the maglia nera is pretty fun should anyone ask, since it represents the jersey awarded to the slowest person in the race.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/blog/events ... ollection/

i like the raw/unhemmed mid-length sleeves. fabric has nice elasticity.
not mesh so wont wick like the mesh-style jerseys.
unfortunately no zipped rear pocket for protection.

people are often deluded in talking 'quality' when comparing and justifying garments.
and putting a magnifying glass to glorify some minutae ... when they actually arent even better!

i have some fancy formal/business/bespoke clothing too. charvet shirts, atolini suits, vass shoes, things like those.
people twist themselves inside out over their quality. praising the quality of construction. and how theyre actually designed to last.
actually, under normal wear, the standard stuff from the mall (e.g. brooks brothers) at 1/5th of the price will last longer.
and the machine-stitching is far straighter. and the buttons are sturdier.
for fancier stuff, its really just all about aesthetic preferences. and thats totally okay

bilwit

by bilwit

I always hated having logos on jersies unless it was a club thing. It's like, I bought the damn product already, I'm not being paid to advertise. The plain La Passione jersies look nice, they look a lot like the Rapha Aero jersies with the mesh long sleeves. I would have picked up the blue or grey one if they weren't sold out.

Recently got a short sleeve jersey from Ornot:
https://www.ornotbike.com/collections/mens-jerseys

The design and quality is nice but I kind of really hate the cut. The sleeves are hemmed all the way to the neck instead of just the shoulder which makes the already short-ish sleeves tend to pull up, making them even shorter. I also got a Small but the fit is pretty loose/casual which I don't like. Maybe I would be better off with extra small in their sizing but the sleeves would be even more shorter in that case. Ugh.

flying

by flying

gewichtweenie wrote:i like the santini giro 2017 collection.

I have slowly converted pretty much everything I wear to Santini
I always liked their quality/fit (for decades now) & these days
I am hard pressed to find better at any price.

That Santini's price is excellent especially buying direct at end of seasons
(they just had a 50% off end of season sale) makes it even better

nickf

by nickf

Those sleeves are just too damn long. Those will make tan lines impossible to hide when wearing a t-shirt. Becoming harder and harder to find standard length sleeved jerseys that look good.

micky

by micky

Im actually looking for nice long sleeved jersey (most on website looks long but then in reality very short); are they really long even when actually riding?

flying

by flying

nickf wrote:Those sleeves are just too damn long. Those will make tan lines impossible to hide when wearing a t-shirt. Becoming harder and harder to find standard length sleeved jerseys that look good.

Having lived my life in sunny climates & being a builder most of my life
At this stage I tend to wear lightweight uv sleeves/arm coolers with all my short sleeve jerseys
or wear long sleeves :D

Trust me I have seen tan worshipers when their older & you dont want that :wink:
(even the SPF50 cream folks look like cracked leather)
Last edited by flying on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

flying

by flying

micky wrote:Im actually looking for nice long sleeved jersey (most on website looks long but then in reality very short); are they really long even when actually riding?

Not quite as long as they look but slightly more than avg
I have not seen the Tour specific models like the Giro above but things like say their Tono which in pic looks similar length like this

You can see Beardy wearing it on Vuelta rest day here to get some idea of actual length
scroll down his page for many examples
https://beardyscaravan.com/trips/vuelta ... -alicante/

nismosr

by nismosr

Roel W wrote:
nonamed wrote:Polish brand. Atout clothes are made by Raso manufacturer (Check their shirts and bibs). I have Atout bibshorts and they are 'fine' Though You cant compare the quality with Castelli or Assos

Thank you. How does it compare to La Passione?

I have 4 summer La passione Jersey and my main complain is the zipper they are not as smooth as the ykk zipper you see on some other brand. I have to bib shorts and love them and winter jacket.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

jemima

by jemima

Curve Grovel ti.

micky

by micky

Their pro aero jersey loook rather nice.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

I really like torm sporwool jerseys. Well priced and well made. I go for the full zip solid black jersey.

mentok

by mentok

Yep, I've got 2x torm L/S sportwool jerseys in the commuter rotation at the moment and they're very nice kit. Subtle, good quality, not too expensive. Shame that they're long sleeve and that it's warming up and coming into summer down here so I'm going to have to shelve them soon for a few months.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com