Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

flying

by flying

Another brand I recently tried is Endura. (albeit Long Sleeve)

Have to say I was very happy & impressed with their new FS260-Pro Jet Stream LS Jersey
https://www.endurasport.com/product/fs2 ... ls-jersey/
Perfect for recent weather

Like the quality so much that I have been adding other things from Endura
warmers,bib,gloves So far so good. Although the bib was a older level FS260 Pro closeout
I will be trying more of their line for sure

TonyM

by TonyM

I absolutely love all Assos products but their design is so terrible in the last 10 years!
Im terms of jerseys and jackets I only buy their full black jerseys and jackets! Like the ProfBlacks but these are sold with a premium price over the regular color/ designs... :( you have to pay more for not having all big Assos logos and specific marketing pattern!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

TonyM wrote:
RTW wrote:ASSOS -

That's a very new design for Assos...looks a little like Rapha to me....
It's pretty much a reproduction of a jersey using modern fabrics which ASSOS had about 25 years before Rapha existed.

TonyM

by TonyM

Good to know!
25 years ago I used to buy the Assos bibs, arm warmers and leg warmers but not their jerseys.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

TonyM wrote:I absolutely love all Assos products but their design is so terrible in the last 10 years!
Im terms of jerseys and jackets I only buy their full black jerseys and jackets! Like the ProfBlacks but these are sold with a premium price over the regular color/ designs... :( you have to pay more for not having all big Assos logos and specific marketing pattern!
Watch this space. :D :shock: :D

TonyM

by TonyM

Could you elaborate on that?

spartan

by spartan

assos still has the best build quality vs Rapha/Castelli/Santini. i have a pair of bibs 15 years old and the threads/stitching is perfect.
i have 2-year-old Rapha bib shorts the shammy is separating from the shorts. castelli quality is also terrible. please, Assos bring back the classic cut/fit of the s5 bib shorts. the current cut is terrible. more colors than just basic black.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

robertbb

by robertbb

Whatever the design... why do very few manufacturers publish UV ratings? Garments with UPF50+ should be the minimum anyone will consider, given increases in the rates of skin cancer. I've found Pearl Izumi to be the only manufacturer who publishes this, and their Elite Pursuit line has some very subtle options. Fit and performance of the jerseys are excellent too.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Q36.5 has SPF50 built in.
Colnago e Campagnolo

RyanH

by RyanH

I ordered two jerseys from La Passione, their PSN jerseys. The material feels nice in the hand, probably would describe it as a midweight very stretchy material. There's a few things that bother me about it though compared to what I'm used to with Rapha:

Sleeves are long (fine, not Rapha Aero long) but longer than previous gen pro team.
Fit of the body is good but sleeves are not very snug. They're midly loose at the bicep but the cuff is about the right size.
They do not put a material backing behind the zipper. This is the first time I caught skin on a jersey in ???
They do not put material at the top of the zipper to prevent the zipper from rubber your neck.

Most annoyingly though is that the material seems to be fairly poor at wicking moisture. I washed it last night at around 6pm with my other kits for use this morning at 6am. Assos bibs in the same wash were bone dry this morning. Jersey was very slightly damp. Uh oh. I started the rest of the day and then rolled up to the coffee shop to wait for the ride to start. I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and my jersey had retained sweat in the midsection and pits...not something I've seen in any of my jerseys.

So, overall, it's a slick looking kit (jersey and socks) but performance is nowhere near the offerings of Rapha (it does fit better than Core though at least). I'm a little disappointed and I'm wondering if I should keep it. The sweat marks are embarrassing as I was scanning the rest of our group at the finish and didn't see anyone else with sweat marks.

flying

by flying

RyanH wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:22 am
I ordered two jerseys from La Passione, their PSN jerseys.
I was surprised when I saw their ad for those PSN jerseys.

Pretty much riding PNS coattails (Pas Normal Studios) even with the dark blue look.
That aside the lack of features you mentioned is sad given the price point.

For the Main Topic I will also say I recently have been using Endura FS260-Pro III Jerseys &
quite like them

Has all the nice touches. Good wicking material, quality zipper, zipper inner flap, zipper garage at top
back pockets perfect size & placement + one zip pocket

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Been looking unsuccessfully for some time now... what jersey is A. Contador wearing?

Looks like Safetti (https://www.safetti.us), but I don't see this jersey.

I'm not familiar with the stylized double-x logo.

I don't see it on Sportful's site either.

What am I missing? Thanks!

Point

by Point

It's almost definitely Saffetti linked with Caro Ferrer. Maybe a custom for them.

Yup, custom LTD edition for Caro Ferrer.

"It will always be an honor to see @acontadoroficial with the collection #CaroFerrer 💥. Last units and last reprogramming!"

Does anyone have any experience with the Safetti kit?
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

bilwit

by bilwit

RyanH wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:22 am
I ordered two jerseys from La Passione, their PSN jerseys. The material feels nice in the hand, probably would describe it as a midweight very stretchy material. There's a few things that bother me about it though compared to what I'm used to with Rapha:

Sleeves are long (fine, not Rapha Aero long) but longer than previous gen pro team.
Fit of the body is good but sleeves are not very snug. They're midly loose at the bicep but the cuff is about the right size.
They do not put a material backing behind the zipper. This is the first time I caught skin on a jersey in ???
They do not put material at the top of the zipper to prevent the zipper from rubber your neck.

Most annoyingly though is that the material seems to be fairly poor at wicking moisture. I washed it last night at around 6pm with my other kits for use this morning at 6am. Assos bibs in the same wash were bone dry this morning. Jersey was very slightly damp. Uh oh. I started the rest of the day and then rolled up to the coffee shop to wait for the ride to start. I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and my jersey had retained sweat in the midsection and pits...not something I've seen in any of my jerseys.

So, overall, it's a slick looking kit (jersey and socks) but performance is nowhere near the offerings of Rapha (it does fit better than Core though at least). I'm a little disappointed and I'm wondering if I should keep it. The sweat marks are embarrassing as I was scanning the rest of our group at the finish and didn't see anyone else with sweat marks.
crap.. I was looking to go with La Passione soon and get retire my Rapha Aero but now maybe not. I've tried stuff like Ornot but the cut and fit isn't great (I found that if the sleeves have no seam at the top of the shoulder and instead are attached to the collar then they tend to ride up arm). I hate being one of "those guys" in Rapha kit but the Aero jersey is just about perfect, can't seem to find a better alternative. Maybe I'll try Le Col if the Wiggo line doesn't look terrible like their normal stuff :noidea:

RyanH

by RyanH

@bilwit look at Santini. It doesn't have the backing on the zipper and the zipper is a little stiff to manipulate but the fit is snugger than Rapha Aero (less stretchy material). The big plus is the jersey pockets don't sag at all. I'd probably rate Santini an 8/10 overall with Rapha being an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. My only real gripe with Rapha Aero is that the pockets sag and sleeves are long.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com