Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

Virklon. Aero jersey in color combinations of your choice €63. They are an originator company (ie. make their own cuts and produce in house in Spain). Plus they are very nice. Ordered a number of times and they rock.

Edit: http://www.virklon.com/products/cycling ... nfigurador
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

LeDuke wrote:The cycling jersey game is out of control.

These people are charging $125 - $250 for pretty colors made out of plastic threads.

It would be one thing if they were actually doing R&D to make new wunder fibers, but they aren't. They're just mixing and matching fabrics made by other people, creating an IG account and posting some artsy, terribly filtered pictures of a skinny guy on a bike above the hills of LA.

Does anyone make any decent looking clothing sub-$100 anymore? I've haven't been on a road team for most of a decade now due to my job(s), moving, etc., but I might join a local elite 1/2 team in our next location just to get in on some good looking, well designed threads. Racing unattached pro MTB is too expensive.

:thumbup: :beerchug:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

KWalker

by KWalker

bura wrote:

These people are charging $125 - $250 for pretty colors made out of plastic threads.

It would be one thing if they were actually doing R&D to make new wunder fibers, but they aren't. They're just mixing and matching fabrics made by other people, creating an IG account and posting some artsy, terribly filtered pictures of a skinny guy on a bike above the hills of LA.

Does anyone make any decent looking clothing sub-$100 anymore? I've haven't been on a road team for most of a decade now due to my job(s), moving, etc., but I might join a local elite 1/2 team in our next location just to get in on some good looking, well designed threads. Racing unattached pro MTB is too expensive.

:thumbup: :beerchug:

None of those VA companies are any different. Our old Starlight and Cutaway kits were garbage.

La Passione is pretty solid- check them out.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

LeDuke

by LeDuke

KWalker wrote:
bura wrote:

:beerchug:

None of those VA companies are any different. Our old Starlight and Cutaway kits were garbage.

La Passione is pretty solid- check them out.

Oh, I know.

VT is sponsored by Cutaway; I'd call them Throwaway. Super weird fabric choices and cut.

I spent most of $90 on a team jersey that I've never worn. It's that bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

What about ASSOS?

https://www.assos.com/en_m/assos-road-c ... ersey-evo7

Mille jersey, relaxed fit, high quality. All black version available. £85 in the UK, with ASSOS backup.

There Cento is also worth looking at.

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Assos ... ersey/F4YS

Closer fitting but lots of stretch (will accommodate any figure just about). £150 in the UK.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Does anyone make stuff like Peter Sagan's Craft jersey?

I.e., mesh inserts in the armpits? I sweat like there's no tomorrow.

I don't particularly care for the mesh chest look; I'd feel like I was in a Prince music video or something (and I say that as someone who has a Prince album playing at my house right now. RIP.)

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Yes. ASSOS do. Look at our Grandprix or USA Cycling jersey.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

LeDuke wrote: ...
Does anyone make any decent looking clothing sub-$100 anymore? .....

Some of their designs aren't my taste, but the quality is bloody good and the designs are standout in terms of difference and unique

https://www.cycologygear.com/

I love their Mondrian design

jeffy

by jeffy

Who are (subtle/well designed) alternatives to Rapha and Castelli full mesh climbers, I see LaPassione and LeCol do some but who else for full mesh?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

MichaelB wrote:I love their Mondrian design

:offtopic: :offtopic:

Not sure this one falls into the "Subtle Jersey" theme of this thread. :hmm:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

micky

by micky

Full mesh as well as it will allow,....ahem.....,a lot to be seen.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Full mesh also isn't that good for sun protection. Suncream would normally have to be worn, and like wearing no jersey at all, it is problematic as it encourages too much sun exposure and heat stroke. (And too much exposure full stop!)

Point

by Point

jeffy wrote:Who are (subtle/well designed) alternatives to Rapha and Castelli full mesh climbers, I see LaPassione and LeCol do some but who else for full mesh?

Isadore do quite nice climbers jerseys... Not sure they're full mesh but worth a look.

I've also come back with some new brands I can't recall seeing mentioned:

VeloBici - Really beautiful looking kit, not cheap
Ashmei - Great subtle designs, not cheap
Brandt-Sorenson - I hate mentioning this brand due to it's ties with certain miscreants but the jersey's looks superb - not cheap however. These are probably some of my favourites to date.

I still cannot get enough of my Q36.5 L1 Pinstripe jersey though.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

davidw

by davidw

I'll back Brandt-Sorenson. It's easy to hate on em cause of all the doping stuff but all that aside, man do they make some good kit. Good design, performance fabrics, and a bespoke fit. If you can get past the lead time, the price is pretty on par with that of the Assos or Rapha types.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

RTW wrote:What about ASSOS?

https://www.assos.com/en_m/assos-road-c ... ersey-evo7

Mille jersey, relaxed fit, high quality. All black version available. £85 in the UK, with ASSOS backup.

I am an Assos fan but £85 for this jersey is too much ΙΜΟ. You can find much better stuff in terms of fabrics, technology and fit for less.