Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Mickey, I just got some of the Pedal Mafia jerseys in the mail.
The short sleeves are reaaaaaalllly long.
One has to size down in these. I squeezed into a size M and the sleeves still extend to just above the notch at the elbow. For reference I am 186 cm tall, so my arms are not so short. I would assume if you have a slim build and arms the sleeve would be even more pronounced in length.
The jerseys are quite nicely built, and look great, but customs charges from Australia to Austria were absurd - I was charged basically 40% extra on the value of the jerseys and shipping costs combined. I won't be ordering any Pedal Mafia stuff direct again because these charges put their cost per jersey way above what I would typically pay. This is unfortunate, because the kit looks great and their service and communication was solid. It would be cool to have more of the Pedal Mafia line.
Last edited by Stolichnaya on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Very good to know about the sleeves 8) but damn pity about customs cause Italy as well is very strict about customs (got bad experiences in past).
Share some pictures just out of curiosity.

slowK

by slowK

Another vote for Torm jerseys. Have had two jerseys of their for >3 years, have been very durable with no special care (standard machine wash, tumble dry). No stink, which is great when commuting (i.e. wearing the same jersey for the ride home after its been sitting in my locker all day).

Also agree with Pedal Mafia sleeves being way too long. Mine fits very well, except for the sleeves which come down to my elbow crease.

Ornot jerseys are relatively subtle and fit me well too.

micky

by micky

Yeah I do know them but a 3/4 zip is so 90s.
I have friends using their stuff with their teams/clubs and it seems to have an average quality; not too good, not too bad.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I cringed, but anyone seeking a short sleeved jersey with longer sleeves needs to check out the jersey line from WYN Republic. I actually laughed when I saw them. Just call it a full-length long-sleeved jersey already.

tomee

by tomee

surprised no one has mentioned Search and State.

The items i own
S2-R and S1-A jerseys. I'm a big fan of the feel of the material and fit.
S1-S knicks which my butt does not agree with the chamois they use and i find the leg length a little short but love the material they use.
S1-J best riding jacket i've worn hands down

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Search & State has some nice subtle schemes but at their price point they get blown out of the water by so many other brands in terms of fit, performance and fabrics.

sfo423

by sfo423

Does anyone have first hand feedback on Le Col? Seeing some good deals on plain jerseys. The bibs look short in the inseam....not sure if its actual or just web image.

micky

by micky

The new Campagnolo clothing line seems to be pretty subtle.
Although it appears in some pictures not to dress very nicely, and some jersey miss the usual 3 pockets on the back side.

gravity

by gravity

Honest question: do Campagnolo really take their apparel as seriously as they do wheels? I always hv the impression that they just contract it to some other brands and thats it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

The main problem is not about if they contact it from some brands (99% sure as for their Campagnolo events they normally use local suppliers for the custom kits) but the problem is that in past they did try with clothing and it was a bit dissapointing.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

ASSOS -

TonyM

by TonyM

RTW wrote:ASSOS -

That's a very new design for Assos...looks a little like Rapha to me....

Point

by Point

That's probably the first Assos thing I've liked. It's still not an instant purchase but it's a hell of an improvement for me!
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com