Bibs with LONG inseam that won't break the bank.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Devon

by Devon

I have a 30" waist and thus usually go for a size small. My issue here is that I'm 6'6" and like my shorts to sit a few inches above my knee - therefore an inseam of around 12-13" is ideal. Don't want to go OTT with cost (i.e no Rapha, Assos etc please). I quite like the look of the new Giro Chrono stuff, but they come in at 10.5" :x

Any experience?

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

I am 6'1" and thin too. The bibs with the longest legs I have are Sportful TC RD something or other. Quite long like 13 inches. Really good design, especially the straps and upper bib, really made to fit right when down actually on the bike. Give them a look, not crazy dolla$ in the US.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

Devon

by Devon

I've also found that Hincapie make shorts with an 11" inseam - the longest I've found so far.

Rick

by Rick

These 2XU bib shorts are really high quality and have long inseams. I have long femurs for my height and I also like long inseams, and these are almost two long. They actually reach the places on my knee where it is starting to bend. You can usually find good deals on ebay, but here is one example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2XU-Mens-Sublim ... SwP~tW4H8E

I really like them for the compression fabric, which really seems to work, and the high-quality chanois.

outnumbered

by outnumbered

If you're 6'6 and slim, don't you find that the straps on the smaller size bibshorts are way too short ? I'm 6'4 and also narrow build, and usually buy waist shorts for that reason.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Yes, the RD and I wear a Medium in these. Legs are nice and long with good compression. I recommend them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Devon

by Devon

outnumbered wrote:If you're 6'6 and slim, don't you find that the straps on the smaller size bibshorts are way too short ? I'm 6'4 and also narrow build, and usually buy waist shorts for that reason.

Strangely no. I've always worn Primal gear which is a good length, but not ideal. The straps are pretty stretchy and I've not noticed an issue. I'm thinking I should try a medium though.

I've been wearing Howies bibs this winter, and got the S/M size - the straps on these are pretty tight, but then the shorts are about the right size for a 12 year old girl.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nalini Mavone. You can find them cheap these days (competitivecyclist and others). They make a ton of the Rapha stuff in any case. Same pad that's in Rapha classic stuff. Long inseam, race fit. I usually wear M in Rapha/Assos and L in Castelli and use L w/ these and they're properly tight.

KWalker

by KWalker

Pactimo has some longer bibs.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

sfo423

by sfo423

KWalker wrote:Pactimo has some longer bibs.

I ordered the Ascent Pro Bibs and can say they are long, but the fit (on me) is not so great. Very restrictive in the hips (of all places" and they bunch up in the upper thigh when on bike. I have a L and am a 32" waist. Try before wearing on bike so you can ship back if needed.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I am 6'6" also. The Castelli NanoFlex series sit pretty long. I would classify them as a cooler weather/3-season bib, though. I wouldn't wear them in the middle of August (in the USA).

Outside of winter time, they are usually on sale.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

KWalker

by KWalker

Rapha makes the Pro Team with extra length. I'm a small with the extra length and they're the longest I've used.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wobbly

by wobbly

Devon wrote:I've also found that Hincapie make shorts with an 11" inseam - the longest I've found so far.

Did you buy these in the UK ?
Email from Hincapie customer service just advised that they do not ship out of US as taxes and duties would hike the cost up !

Anyone any options ?? Google came up blank !!

Thanks

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I'm 190cm, currently 80kg, and have some Sportful R&D in large. They are quite snug. They are long-ish, but I wouldn't say they are long.

I tried some Assos with the long leg length and they are a good fit. But they are crazy expensive.

Have you tried Endura? The FS260 Pro SL comes in a long length. I tried some of these, and they really do have long legs. Not as long as my Castelli Nanoflex thermal shorts, but definitely won't end up looking like Tommy V. :D
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com