Any riders from the Long Beach/ OC area?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I am moving up to the Long Beach area in Southern California and I was wondering if anyone on here rode around that area? Ive been riding around there solo but im looking for some people to ride with.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

kode54

by kode54

when i was there on a trip....met a few riders from seal beach. try that area. he told me that they organize a few trips down to San Diego and take the train back.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

I ride down there from time to time, but I only pass through when doing the ride from downtown LA to San Diego. The other times I would be down there would be when I do the out-and-back from Glendale to Long Beach.

I must admit though - the riding down in that area is pretty abysmal. North of Glendale where I live in La Canada, there are some beautiful mountains going up to Angeles Forest national park. If you take the 605 San Gabriel River Trail north all the way to Duarte, you would hit a nice climb starting at mile 40 and have the options to ride to Crystal Lake or Glendora Mountain Road.

ethanfiamingo

by ethanfiamingo

Im in Anaheim.
Come to fullerton bikes anyday but sunday or wednesday and Ill be in the back fixing all the bikes.
Im always in to do a Glendora mountain road cruise.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

ethanfiamingo wrote:Im in Anaheim.
Come to fullerton bikes anyday but sunday or wednesday and Ill be in the back fixing all the bikes.
Im always in to do a Glendora mountain road cruise.

I will come by next week on a ride and chat for sure!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

savechief

by savechief

Team Velocity is a great club out of Fullerton. There are Saturday group rides that leave the parking lot next to Hero's Bar & Grill at 7:30 (recreational riders), 7:45 (intermediate riders) and 8:00 (fast group, lots of the guys race). Rides are ~30 miles and venture into La Habra Heights, Diamond Bar, Placentia, Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Bump....officially living up here about half the week. Anyone else around here?

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Ton of good riders in LB/OC. Don't forget about the El Dorado crits on Tuesday night.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com