Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

did you have any issues w the fit ? I just got some of those inserts for my Integra stem and the wahoo does not fit .

jorisee01 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 am
Bikeboy73 wrote:Recieved my 3T Integra stem insert for Wahoo Bolt today. Very happy with the result, thanks @WheresWaldo!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/76rpmy7UGKosDI6O2
Looks really nice!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

Hey there im tryint to reach you but my posy count is not high enough to send PMs , Ive ordered the Integra thru stem inserts for the wahoo bolt thru shapeways and upon installing them im having a problem mounting the wahoo , Im hoping you or someone can help me w this issue.

it seems that the back part of the wahoo has a curve that does not allow it to turn on the stem, I have some pics hope you can see what im talking about. let me know how can get the pics to you . Thank you

WheresWaldo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm
Hello everyone, I have a few new things up on my Shapeways page. A custom mount for someone that has an SRM with the PC8 and ocassionally wanted to use a Wahoo BOLT, so I made a BOLT aero mount that snaps into a SRM PC8 mount. A Cateye and Fly6ce combination rack mount. A version of the Wahoo mount for the 3T Integra Stem Garmin 1000 mount. Trek Domane seat mast mounts for the Bontrager Flare RT and the Moon Nebula tail lights.

And Shapeways has a website set up for my pages, it is an experiemental site that allows me to brand my own products to be printed and fulfilled by Shapeways but more user friendly. The plan is for them to do all the marketing, SEO and create campaigns in order to promote more business, they even created a unique domain that removes the Shapeways branding from the website. I am telling everyone here first, since some of my biggest supporters are here on WeightWeenies. Just to be clear, this is separate from my Shapeways pages and self contained but includes all the items I currently have modeled on Shapeways. I will still frequent this site and I will still be available to anyone that wants something special for their baby. Everything will still be up on Shapeways pages. Shapeways has tools to see how well the site is performing and for getting feedback, they will provide me with a condensed version of that information. What I would love to hear is some direct feedback from you guys. I want to know if this is something that will be an effective way to market and grow this hobby as a business. At some point I would love to upgrade my 2012 Cannondale EVO to 11-speed Di2. Any feedback is appreciated even harsh feedback, since it won't hurt my feelings at all. The website is located at https://revolutionmounts.com

Everything is a work in progress, so any and all suggestions will be explored and any and all comments are welcome.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Wildh, Yes the Bontrager mount is an exact copy of the GoPro mount

@ms6073 Sorry to hear that, does one version fit better than any of the others, or are they all the same? Fizik is a strange company when it comes to their saddle shells, not every ICS mount is like every other ICS mount and there is a more than normal variance between models. I designed the clip portion over two years ago and it could be that some saddle models might fit tighter than others. I will look into shaving it down just a bit as I strat adding a logo to each and every model.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Crankycolnago, I sent you a PM because I want to get to the root of your issue. It could be something real simple like making the insert 1 mm thicker that could allow it to turn properly.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:24 pm
@Crankycolnago, I sent you a PM because I want to get to the root of your issue. It could be something real simple like making the insert 1 mm thicker that could allow it to turn properly.
@WheresWaldo
I was able to turn the wahoo so it attaches I guess thats why ther in attachment screw in the front of the insert right ? so it has some flex and is ablew to pull up and turn ? I can email you pics maybe it can be refined for a better fit .

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Crankycolango
Please send me pictures, that always helps me make the models better.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:06 pm
@Crankycolango
Please send me pictures, that always helps me make the models better.
I am unable to send pMs where can i email the pics to?

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am
@Wildh, I assumed that so basically you need a Lumina GoPro mount, doesn't niterider already have such a thing?

@kode54, I am still baffled that Enve did two version of that mount, I could make the base round and put the nub at 3 o'clock it would still mount the same way. Send me a picture of the bottom of your Enve mount.
i sent you a pic of the underside of my Enve mount (in the Shapeways PM) so you can see what i'm talking about. looking from underneath...it is at 3 o'clock. this is version v1 with the shorter arms that will fit up to the Edge 810...not the 1030 or 1000. i like the shorter version better since i'm using the smaller Garmin.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54 how deep is that recessed area and what is the diameter, I will make a custom Di2 one for the older Enve mount.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Crankycolnago, go here and send me a PM https://www.shapeways.com/forum/conversations/ my username is bud_hammerton to message me.

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am
@Wildh, I assumed that so basically you need a Lumina GoPro mount, doesn't niterider already have such a thing?

@kode54, I am still baffled that Enve did two version of that mount, I could make the base round and put the nub at 3 o'clock it would still mount the same way. Send me a picture of the bottom of your Enve mount.
yes. two versions done. first one had issues. insert wasn't secured enough and no option for moving the insert 90 degrees to mount horizontal if need be.
it also did not fit the 1000 series at the time...the mount itself was shorter since all that was out at the time of manufacture was the 810. fits that fine. the newer version had two nubs which allowed you to position the insert mount 90 degrees. it is also longer to accomodate the 1000 body size. otherwise, it is the same.

i sent you pics at Shapeways via PM. not sure why i can't attached pics in PM here.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm
@kode54 how deep is that recessed area and what is the diameter, I will make a custom Di2 one for the older Enve mount.
the recess is very shallow. 1.3mm

very shallow lip. the nub is what keeps it from turning. unlike the one you did for the k-edge combo or current Enve mount...i'd like the custom one you're doing as shallow as possible but still be able to remove (slide it out) if need be. it just has to bolt up under and keep the Garmin insert attached on top.

thx Bud!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54, what if I just made it with 4 nubs that way you just cut off the three you dont want when you figure out the orientation you need. Also the current one is about as thin as you can make it because it needs a small bolt to hold it on the bottom of the Enve mount.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54, I thought about something else, what if we eliminated the nut entirely. and just use the longer middle screw to bite threads into the nylon material. The Junction box, even the 5-port is super light and would cause almost zero stress on the screw. I probably could make it 2 mm shorter them since it would just be a hole just smaller than the bolt used.

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:04 pm
@kode54, I thought about something else, what if we eliminated the nut entirely. and just use the longer middle screw to bite threads into the nylon material. The Junction box, even the 5-port is super light and would cause almost zero stress on the screw. I probably could make it 2 mm shorter them since it would just be a hole just smaller than the bolt used.

i'll take the second one (x2). looks excellent. no prob with cutting off the nubs, this way, you don't have to guess which way i want the orientation.

let me know when you post it. thx!!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com