Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I want to thank everyone who has supported me by buying one of my designs. I wish you all safe riding and a better future, looking forward.

I also want to thank those of you that have provided parts to duplicate functionality or cut offs from seat posts, you have been especially kind and allowed this community to grow. I am genuinely appreciative.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@DanW, Using any kind of additive manufacturing process is costly, you are getting a bespoke item with respect to how it is made. Trek on the other hand, has a mold built (a very expensive process on it's own) then has millions of parts made from that one mold. They spread the cost of manufacture over those millions of parts which lowers the cost. Additionally they make all these parts in southeast Asia where both labor and raw materials are cheaper than in NA, SA, UK or the EU. These costs are so cheap, that you can still make substandtial margins even with low cost items such as the Bontrager light mount you pictured.

davidchan

by davidchan

Hi All,

Is there any 3D print custom spacer cover or another way that I can use the Madone SLR handlebar+stem on Madone 9 / Madone SL6?

Coz some of the Madone cyclists said the internet has the 3D print schemes, but I still can't find it.

I would appreciate it if you can tell me the method! Thank you and have a nice day!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I have never seen any handlebar adapters, 3D printed or otherwise. I know at the very least I have never worked on one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

lightspeedylight

by lightspeedylight

WheresWaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:00 pm
Varia mounted on the new Venge, images posted with permission from the owner.
Image Image Image
Hi there. Can you make something like this to replace the cover on the Tarmac SL7 seat tube 0° to mount the Bontrager rear light? Thanks

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I can if I had the cover in my hands to measure and model from. I always try to accommodate requests, but sometimes that depends on the cooperation of the bike owner. I send the cover back usually 48-72 hours after I get it to take the proper measurements. Typically, after that it is just a day or two before I have a model you can purchase from Shapeways. Please note I am not employed by Shapeways nor am I assisted by any bike manufacturers. I do this because I love bicycles and cycling and to supplement my retirement income so I can keep my 2012 Cannondale EVO in tires and a few updated parts.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jencvo

by jencvo

I'm curious whether it would be possible to make any kind of spacers for the new Trek Emonda to make the cables look cleaner, similar to how the spacers work on Tarmac SL7. Emonda has the same headset spacers as the Madone right now but doesn't use integrated stem so the cables will always run under the stem, I'm just hoping for a cleaner cable entry into the headset/frame. Farsports sells a kit with their integrated cockpit for example for Madone/Emonda. Would something like that be possible or does it depend too much on the stem one would use?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@jencvo, I would think that a lot would depend on the stem being used. Otherwise there would need to be some sort of transition spacer that doesn't put a lot of stress on the cabling systems. When I was a Cannondale dealer, the Slice had some of the worst cable management going from bars to stem that I had ever seen and that was designed with total cockpit integration in mind. All in an effort to hide everything, it had severe turns in at least two spots in almost every cable run and made setup very tedious. Secondly a transition spacer of adequate height would pretty much make it a one off as a lot of the weightweenie community do not use large stacks of spacers under their stem, I might be wrong on this point, but from seeing the pictures posted, that seems like the norm.

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a rear light custom mount for my Tarmac SL6.
Currently using the moon nebula series, but would be happy to use a go pro adapter with it to keep the mount generic.

Need it to be down at the bottom of the seatpost, something that looks nice and integrated - i absolutley hate the generic rubber bands that never hold the light in place properly anyway!

There is a photo of a Trek on page 15 of this forum with a great looking mount and gives an idea of the style i'd like to follow.
Giant also do an integrated seat mount collar which is beautiful and makes it look like the light is part of the bike.

I dont really know where to start with 3D printing, so hoping somebody on here can help.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Picked up one of these from my local Trek dealer;
Should be a week or two then I will have a bunch of adapter mounts that plug into this for Garmins and other devices. Supposedly fits all the Madone and scrambled letter bikes (Emonda, Domane) for 2021.

kppolich

by kppolich

Is there an alternate place to purchase these design files other than shapeways?
Specifically https://www.shapeways.com/product/JUKZ5 ... d=65595341

Also, any plans to use the Tarmac SL7 juntion box mounting plate for a light mount? I have a di2 cover and blank cover I could send out.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kppolich, I only use Shapeways because they have printers all over the world and have been a good partner to me for six years. Unless someone else is doing the same thing I am I cannot think of any other designer and Printing Service combination.

Does the SL7 have a similar hatch to the Venge? Are you located in the U.S.?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

WheresWaldo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Picked up one of these from my local Trek dealer;
Should be a week or two then I will have a bunch of adapter mounts that plug into this for Garmins and other devices. Supposedly fits all the Madone and scrambled letter bikes (Emonda, Domane) for 2021.
What does this do?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@FIJIGabe

It does this ImageAttaches to specific Trek seat posts, I am going to be making adapters for it to attach a Varia and other devices.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

What's the part number? I'm looking for one to mount the taillight on my Madone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com