Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@jedichurn

Answered all your question on the Shapeways message you left me. To summazrize briefly:
1. Yes
2. Black Natural Versatile Plastic (formerly called Strong & Flexible)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Where'sWaldo (BUD) has been such a cool resource over the years and a god send for those of us need some custom bits for push bikes!

just wanted to thank him in this thead and post one of the crazy ideas I drew up with him that came to life recently .

Started life as off the shelf ebay china bars, pdq deng fu whatevers
added a bunch of tower spacers
*Printed Mount for etap junction placing it centre*
*Printed angle spacers spec 20 deg(
-20mm or 25mm m5 pad compatible
-13mm of for aft adjustment bolting to the clamps
-The nut angle is appropriate for the pads, so no need to mess around with crooked bolts.
-'New' Black material apparently strong
Reverse mounted USE 40 alloys
Blip Grips

@Where'sWaldo who has been a great aquiantance these past years, helped to these into print, He's been a god send in anything to do with this bike.

Might make a mkII design but these work for what i need it for =)

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Nathan, thank you for the kind words. I am going to steal the pictures you posted :) :wink:

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I had a fellow cyclist who is attending the USA Cycling Masters National Track Championships starting this upcoming weekend request a track mount for his Garmin device that would meet USAC regulations.
Here is what he wanted, mounted to a Specialized SWAT equipped saddle and mounting the Garmin Edge device upside-down. He said he would send me some pictures of his setup after the Chanpionships.

rkan

by rkan

Would someone be able to create (WheresWaldo?) a pouch that would fit the usual multitool, co2&valve & spare inner tube that would attach to a Cervelo S2/S3 battery mount? I guess just fitting the heavier items and ditching the tube could also suffice if the size would get too large. The pouch could also be made a fairing to follow the countours of the aero-profile! Maybe create two versions, with one at least trying to be UCI-legal and the other one not. :mrgreen:

Mounting points:

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

There is no way to create a "UCI legal" version without paying the tens of thousands to the UCI to test and approve such a model, but that doesn't mean one can't be created. I am not sure if 3D printing is the right manufacturing method to do this and without a frame to model from it would be trial and error getting it just right. That is some of the reasons I personally try to stick to small items that are 1. easier to model, 2. fit some specific need that many others might have, 3. are small enough that they don't cost 100's of dollars per print.

But there might be others that would attempt such a project, I just don't know who they would be.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Some news about the website. After a three month trial the website will be taken down. From my perspective it was not successful. I don't know how much Shapeways was going to charge for the service but whatever it was would have been too much for the little return involved. I think some of the problem was that they picked my Shapeways shop to use in the beta. They were trying to see if they could increase someones sales in short order, but in my case they were fighting against 3.5 years of organic growth. Still they did manage to cannibalize some of the direct store sales in that time. They will be taking it down and I asked that they create a redirect to the Shapeways page and leave it active for a month. They agreed and likely some time next week revolutionmounts.com will no longer exist.

But they did give me an internal Account Representative. I should be better informed about new offerings and beta programs moving forward. If I want to really make this a business I am told this is the first step in becoming a wholesale customer. Not sure I want to do all that much work. It is a lot of marketing and then I would have to be responsible for shipping and other customer care issues. Maybe something to think about for the future.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kode54

by kode54

well, whatever you decide to do...best of luck going forward. keep up the great work!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I know there are more than a few Look riders on this forum, I have a cutoff from the Look 695 Seat Mast and started working on a few things. Varia mount will come first then GoPro.

Also testing an Argon 18 E-117 Varia mount

Tell your buddies.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Argon E-117 mount was successful, here is a real picture:

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Will be back, on Sept 4th. Been away for two weeks but have several items that need designing upon return. Including a few different mounts for the new Madone disc brake SLRs and a library one cheap chinese carbon bike. An adapter or two for good measure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I'm moving from a Specialized saddle to a Fizik. I use specialized stix lights with their Swat mount. https://images.amain.com/images/large/b ... ?width=475
I'd like to get an adapter to either replicate the Specialized mount with ICS or use this Specialized bit https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/images/pro ... /68212.jpg which is "CPSC DIN standard reflector/rack bracket " 50mm???

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I can design a ICS to SWAT adapter. I already have an adapter that goes the other direction from SWAT to ICS.

Update: I forgot I already have a 50 mm adapter for ICS, It was made by request for the Schmidt SON light but it is 50 mm center to center like most racks. I can add a center hole if necessary. http://shpws.me/MjkE

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Cancel this idea for me. I’m returning the saddle ( cant find a tilt that works for me)

On another matter, how firm of a material can you use? I want to make 12mm Ish OD x 9mm ID x ??mm Fork TA inserts with a flare on one side so I can use my roof rack with my whispbar skewer. I can use some poly or Delrin spacers, but finding an exact size or getting it machined would be a hassle