Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54 here you go, http://shpws.me/Qezq

It has a tapered hole that requires you replace the center screw with one that is 3 mm longer. You will need to let the screw 'cut' its own threads into the nylon. I am not concerned about holding together as the Junction A Box is pretty small and light even in the 5-port version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:46 pm
@kode54 here you go, http://shpws.me/Qezq

It has a tapered hole that requires you replace the center screw with one that is 3 mm longer. You will need to let the screw 'cut' its own threads into the nylon. I am not concerned about holding together as the Junction A Box is pretty small and light even in the 5-port version.
that's excellent. i ordered 2 of them. yes...the junction A is very light. insignificant in weight.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54

Let me know how well it works out and if you wouldn't mind either posting or sending me a picture of it in place I would really appreciate it.

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:55 am
@kode54

Let me know how well it works out and if you wouldn't mind either posting or sending me a picture of it in place I would really appreciate it.
sure. absolutely. thx again.

it is in the process of 3D printing. will get in a week according to Shapeways timeline.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Something new to add to the collection. If you are a GoPro user and regularly carry the GoPro remote, here is a mount for the remote that twists on to a Garmin quarter-turn mount. It isn't up on Shapeways just yet, still waiting on the requester to say okay with the design.

https://a360.co/2IoOT1Y

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Would anyone be able to design something like the below but for a 25.4mm post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Do you want to just duplicate the mount parts? Is nylon okay or does it have to be aluminum? Can it just be one part that snapsin place or do you want it to be two parts like the original? If it's like the original are you willing to use the same hardware?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Two parts like the original to ensure a tight fit would be ace!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@DartanianX I will have something later today

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@DartanianX How is this?
Image removed to save space

I had to make the assumption that the bolt provided is M5, but if it is smaller let me know and I will adjust the model accordingly. It is not quite as thick in the middle to save some raw material costs, I can thicken it if I know just how thick the middle section of the original mount is.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Sun May 13, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

So @DartanianX are you no longer interested?

On another note, a department at BMC Switzerland just bought themselves my Wahoo Fitness BMC Stem mount. I don't exactly know how big that department is, but it is more than one. I hope it is to use and not to reverse engineer and come out with their own version.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Sorry, have been away traveling the last few days. I’ve PM’d you.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Exposure Blaze 25.4 mm Seat Post mount is done and up on my Shapeways page. It looks pretty much exactly like the aluminum version and will use the existing hardware. It is here: Exposure Blaze 25.4 Seat Post Mount

Please note that the Black Strong and Flexible finish is not polished and will have a grainy/fuzzy surface texture. The Black Premium Strong and Flexible is finished with a multi-step tumbling, polishing and dyeing process. The result is a much smoother surface, ideal for products that require a finished look and feel. The Black Premium finish has an eggshell sheen.

TonyM

by TonyM

Is there any available 3D mount for the Campy EPS DTI interface V3 to be mounted without the straps under the stem?

I mean it would be nice not to see the straps around the stem attaching this DTI interface under the stem.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@TonyM

What are you thinking exactly? I reviewed the Campy Assembly Manual (https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... _04_17.pdf) and it shows that Campy didn't really make a mount for it but rather relies on an O-Ring to mount the unit. How and where do you want to mount yours?

It looks like Campy units IF12-xxxx (2012/13), IF13-xxxx (2012/13), IF-14xxxx (2014/15 V2), IF15-xxxx (2015/16 V2), IF16-EPS (2016+ V3) all mount in the same manner.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com