Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

WheresWaldo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:31 pm
@Crankycolnago Can you post a picture of the saddle undersides?
heres the links for saddle and mount hope they work , i cant seem to be able to upload pics here, this will be on a mtn bike so im not sire if it will hold up to the constant abuse.

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files ... erside.jpg
https://www.pro-bikegear.com/_assets/im ... cket_1.png

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Someone sent me a cut off from a Specialized Venge. I don't ever recall speaking to this person, it came unsolicited. Anyway, I was able to create a mount for the Varia that is size specific to the Venge {Pro}. It is available here, http://shpws.me/SHMc

I would like to thank him for taking the time to figure out what I needed to get his mount designed.

PS - @Crankycolnage, I haven't forgotten about you just a bit swamped at the moment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

WheresWaldo wrote:Someone sent me a cut off from a Specialized Venge. I don't ever recall speaking to this person, it came unsolicited. Anyway, I was able to create a mount for the Varia that is size specific to the Venge {Pro}. It is available here, http://shpws.me/SHMc

I would like to thank him for taking the time to figure out what I needed to get his mount designed.

PS - @Crankycolnage, I haven't forgotten about you just a bit swamped at the moment.
Hey [mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - this looks like a Venge Vias post as the new Venge (2019-2021) are D-shaped like the Tarmac SL7. I haven’t forgotten about sending you the mounts for the Venge (stupid busy at work) so I’ll send you just the 2019-2021 Venge mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Johnrho It could be, the owner has not told me which Venge it is, I don't really follow Specialized to know what their current line up is.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just informed, the Venge Varia Mount is modeled on a 2017 Venge Vias. I modified the description on Shapeways.

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

No worries ,let me know !! thanks

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm
Someone sent me a cut off from a Specialized Venge. I don't ever recall speaking to this person, it came unsolicited. Anyway, I was able to create a mount for the Varia that is size specific to the Venge {Pro}. It is available here, http://shpws.me/SHMc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Crankycolnago, you are just looking for a more robust version of the Shinano Pro Varia mount?

Just note that at about 4 mm thick nylon becomes virtually unflexible, very stiff, so it needn't be too bulky.

we51

by we51

@WheresWaldo - Do you have an expected timeframe to get Fizik ICS Varia mounts back up on Shapeways? I believe you were planning to improve the fitment.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@we51

I have no timeframe at all, I haven't even looked at them yet. I don't expect that I will have anything before Fall. Sorry to be the bearer of that news.

we51

by we51

@WheresWaldo - No worries at all. I'll just keep an eye out in the fall.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I have been working on some new Wahoo mounts, I was sent a mount for the BOLT version 2. So far I have just duplicated the mounting section itself, and started work on this.
It fits the Trek/Bontrager, BMC ICS and Ritchey Universal Stem Mounts. Because tolerances in printed versions are larger than injection molded parts, this has to be thickened 1 mm and the back end is not quite as sleek as the OEM BOLT mount.

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

Hey WW,

1st off, been using the Flare SWAT saddle mount since August 2018, and it has been nothing but fantastic. I've resonated with a couple other folks in that it somewhat sticks out unsightly. I'm interested to see if you have any photo examples of the saddle rail small/extra small version https://www.shapeways.com/product/9553A ... arketplace
Seems like this might solve my admittedly vain qualm.

Thank you for your contributions to the cycling community!
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

No, sorry no pictures. Anytime someone asks for something a bit different or something new I ask for them to send pictures or post them here or on Bikeforums. Usually, they get the mount and then happily go off cycling, never to be heard from again.

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:14 am
@kode54

I decided to play with the model some here is what I ended up with. Not as thin as the other ENVE mount but almost. It does require you to replace the two screws with two that protrude out the bottom no more than 2 mm. The screws will need to cut their own threads into the nylon. There are actually 4 holes in this model, which you will be able to see if you turn it upside down. This way it works on both Garmin or Wahoo Interface equiped ENVE mounts. https://a360.co/2spE2KT. Despite what is printed on the underside of this mount, I have high confidence this will work.
I will probably only make this available in the Professional Plastic; gray or black only at the moment, unless someone really needs in in color. I have not uploaded it to Shapeways yet.
Hey Bud,

Any chance I can get a modified version of this mount for Di2?

This will fit under a Framesandgear mount. Their mounting holes are 22mm apart, unlike the K-Edge that is 20mm.
Also, the outer diameter is 35mm.
Overall thickness required or requested is 3mm.
Edges can be tapered in, 60degree (or45) NOT straight or rounded.
edit: need countersunk holes for M3 bolt.

Possible? TIA
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Bud,

This is the one you have on your Shapeways store...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/M6ZVK ... areProduct

Base is a bit too thick, need 22mm distance between countersunk holes and 35mm overall diameter with low profile angled edges.
Let me know if you can do this.

Thx.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc