Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Hi there,

Wondering if you'd be able to replicate the 2019 venge mount, but with a wahoo aero mount instead of the disc mount as in the below illustration?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@whatleytom
I already have one, look at the bottom line of the picture you uploaded, it says Barfly standard, which I already have in my Shapeways shop, you still need the barfly hardware to make it work.

sennder

by sennder

Hi, Waldo. I'm planning on purchasing your Blendr Low Elemnt Bolt Mount in Black Natural Versatile Plastic and had a couple of question about it.

1. Around the time you first posted this mount, you mentioned that the Shapeway's black print has a rougher texture than the colored prints (thus "natural" as opposed to "processed" I'm guessing). Does that affect the functionality/fit of the mount at all, especially for the bottom cap?
  2. Would frequent removal and installation of the Elemnt on the mount (say a couple of times a week for charging) affect the twist mechanism's strength over time? Would something that uses the K-Edge Wahoo Insert instead be a more reliable solution?

--Sennder

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@sennder
  1. The rougher texture is purely an aestethic thing. It will contrast with the bottom cover as that is injection molded using black plastic and the Shapeways provided part is dyed black. But the bottom plate will fit as designed by Wahoo Fitness.
  2. It should not be effected by use over the life of the Wahoo Bolt. It might fade a little in color over time. I have a 3 year old Di2 mount of my own design on my bike and when I hold it up to a new version of the same Di2 mount there is a noticable difference in color, the older one looking more very dark purple rather than black. If you don't compare it with a brand new print, it is unlikely you would ever notice the purple tinge to the older part. Picture a black Sharpie mark after many months and you get the idea of how black dye is really not black at all.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Hey Waldo, think it's possible please to create a rectangular riser to go beneath a 3t Aduro Hi Rise kit?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Totally possible, but I need more information. PM me and I will send you my personal email.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Uses a couple of zip ties to hold it in place. When the fellow cyclist that asked for this sent me a picture of it installed, I was surprised to see it mounted in front of the saddle clamp instead of behind the saddle clamp.

I need this mount for Specialized Sitero with carbon rails. Will it fit also behind the saddle clamp?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

rainerhq wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 pm

I need this mount for Specialized Sitero with carbon rails. Will it fit also behind the saddle clamp?
That's my bike... :)

It absolutely would fit behind the saddle clamp, assuming you had nough space to mount it. With the position setup on my bike, the saddle slid forward and the flipped seatpost, I needed to mount it this way, but it would certaunly wok the other way, if you had the room. I also kind f prefer this way, because it keeps the junction box away form the hands of the TT holder on the start line. They usually grab you by the back/bottom of the saddle. mounting it on the front, keeps them from inadvertantly hitting it.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Thank you.
How can I purchase it?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@rainerhq, here is a link, http://shpws.me/OKB7

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just got a response from race|result and they are sending me a single active transponder clip. I have been asked to make a few adapters for their device. The plan is to start with a SWAT and ICS saddle adapters that let you solidly mount the transponder clip. I may end up doing Trek Madone versions too that mount on the reflector bracket.

I have been told that many of cycling associations are going to be using these at sanctioned events. I have placed my order and hope I can get started sometime by the end of next week.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Been a while so here is an update of what's going one. I am waiting on a test print of the race|result Active Transponder clip. Already have a SWAT and Fizik ICS version started. Both put the transponder 'out of sight' between the saddle rails. I know at least the TXBRA is using this system for some (all???) of their sanctioned races.

A fellow cyclist was kind enough to send me a cut off from the bottom of his BMC TeamMachine 'Carbon D-Seatpost' and I already have a Varia mount modeled for it. Working on a similar GoPro style mount for it also. As always, no O-Rings, no rubbber inserts, custom fit to the seat post profile.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Someone was kind enough to send me a cutoff from a BMC TeamMachine Carbon D-Seatpost, so now I have both a Varia mount and a GoPro mount for this particular set post.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Back again, here is a model of the SWAT race|result Active Transponder Mount, https://a360.co/2UrzmEw. It will place the transponder firmly between the rails of any SWAT equipped Specialized saddle. The link will let you circle all around the model.

Here is a link to both SWAT and ICS transponder mounts, http://shpws.me/R8NR

Konsi

by Konsi

After this thread was suggested to me elsewhere on WW, is there a limit to how long a Garmin-Mount should be if you make one as 3D-Print?
I have a lot of rather incompatible dreams for a Garmin Mount ^^
- Should fit a Ritchey WCS C220 17 degree stem (there is this mount for a GoPro, but not sure how solid it is)
- Needs to be quite low, so I can attach and detach a Garmin even if the Profile Design Sonic CSX extensions are on the bike
- It would be great to have a clip to mount a Di2 Junction box below
- The final wish, I haven't seen anywhere yet, have a hole in the right place so I could recharge the Garmin if needed (which is also not blocked by the junction box)

Do you think all this is even remotely possible?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com