Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@CrankAddictsRich, How does the bottom cover compare to the actual mount with regard to look and feel. Also not necessary but I would like to ask if you would include a link to my Shapeways main page (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/revolut ... popularity) in any future articles that might mention the 3D printed parts.

I am trying to turn this into more than a hobby, if I can figure out a way to make it a full time job I would have way more time to ride, which is what I really would rather be doing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 am
@CrankAddictsRich, How does the bottom cover compare to the actual mount with regard to look and feel. Also not necessary but I would like to ask if you would include a link to my Shapeways main page (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/revolut ... popularity) in any future articles that might mention the 3D printed parts.

I am trying to turn this into more than a hobby, if I can figure out a way to make it a full time job I would have way more time to ride, which is what I really would rather be doing.
The bottom cover is a little bit off.... It doesn't sit totally flush, but for my purposes, its fine and certainly better than no cover at all, which is what I've been using for the last year or so before I realized that cover piece was removable. I'm not sure if the actaul cover is slightly thicker, or if the mount itself doesn't have quite as much depth for the cover to sit flush in. It does snap in witha positive click though and is secure. If you want, I can pull one off one of the bikes and take some pics to show what I mean.

I did link to you in my blog article about the Wahoo bolt.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Hmm, I wonder if that is something I have to account for in the model itself. The bottom cover is direct from Wahoo Fitness' GITHUB repository. But the Professional Plastic uses a different printer entirely. Versatile uses EOSINT P 395 or P 396 printers, Professional uses the HP Jet Fusion 4200/4210. They are a bit different with respect to the technology used and how it is finished.

A picture of the bottom cover would be great.

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Hey @WheresWaldo, I’ve been following this thread. I find it interesting. I didn’t realize you are the Revolutionaries. I’ve got a mount in production from you right now, and one I ordered a month ago that’s working great. Thanks for providing this service. It’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Bud... here's a few pics of the bottom of the mount with the cover on and how it fits. You can see that it is totally flush at the front, but there's a small lips that gradually reveals itself as you mover rearward. I think you just need to add more material to the mount itself here to sit flush.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@SilentDrone, I am glad you found these models of value, tell your riding business.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@CrankAddictsRich

I took a very careful look at the base for the Wahoo Fitness BOLT and spent about 14 hours over the weekend remodeling it and I think I improved it a lot as well as getting the bottom cover to sit flush I added a threaded hole for a small 2.5 mm socket head cap screw to lock the device in place like the original mount.

All models that use the BOLT mount have been updated with a new base model, except for the custom SRM mount versions
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kode54

by kode54

Bud.

I received the K-Edge modified mount. Looks great. I don't have the computer mount yet...ships on 6/22, so I will take pictures then and post them here.

thx!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Working on a new Wahoo Fitness BOLT bottom cover that has a built in Di2 interface. I will upload it sometime this afternoon time permitting. Then even genuine BOLT mounts can have either GoPro or Di2 interfaces directly built in. No pictures yet since I am mobile away the moment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Posted and now available. Integrates a Di2 Junction A clip into the bottom cover. Wires from Junction A face rearward.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:00 am
WheresWaldo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 am
Rich, is that the Professional Plastic? How is the fit? Was the clamp section okay to snap around the extension? Sorry for all the questions.
Bud.. that is the "black natural versatile plastic"... the cheapest option. The fit is great. I got exactly what you told me to get in terms of allen bolt and lock nut sizes and it worked perfectly. The clamp section opened up easily and popped around the extension. I didn't feel like I was gonna break it at all.
Bud... a slight update on the fit of the TT mount. Today, during my race, the mount moved slightly as I hit some bumps in the road. The first few hundred feet of road are concrete with some expansion joints, so there's a solid thump every other second that amde the mount angle funky. I was able to sort it easily once on the smooth pavement, but maybe there's a slight adjustment you can make to the diameter or something.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@CrankAddictsRich, will see what I can do. I think contributing to the issue is the surface friction (or the lack there of) of the nylon material that is used to print these. I am going to lower the diameter 0.1 or 0.2 mm to make it snugger frrom the initial installation. That plus the changes I already made to make the bottom cover sit flush should make this the perfect TT mount. In the mean time, I think a small piece of double-sided tape applied to the inside edge of the clamp would prevent all movement. I mean the cellophane type (Scotch 137) not stuff like the outdoor type.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Bud... I ende dup putting a small piece of Gorilla tape on the bar, to make the bar a touch thicker in that area and for the mount to bite into a little bit. I think its done the trick.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Rich... Good to know, but I am sure you can tell by now that I still want to make things better, so I made the clamp area snugger and have uploaded the model to the Shapeways page.

jedichurn

by jedichurn

Hi Waldo,

Is the extra small for the BMC ICStem Mount?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9CCTF ... d=65569510

Also what material did this person get?

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... &start=375

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com